Re: How do you install a NewGRF?
Posted: 10 Jan 2012 10:02
It's logical, first loads first, second loads second, etc. However, the second (possibly) overlaps the previous.
The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
Alberth wrote:You speak in riddles.
First you want to "install", now you want to "open". What is "it" in your last post? a .grf file, the wiki web-page, openttd, ttdpatch, ?
What **exactly** are you trying to **achieve**?
Please assume I am an idiot and explain it as precise as you can.
ChaChing! wrote:All I want is to manually install or (whatever the **** was), open the grfs and put it into the opentdd file, so how do you do it? Do you open a program? Do you download something (apart from the NewGrfs) or something else?
P.S. My english is bad.
First of all, if you guys could read your own links you could read that he's doing what he's told:Alberth wrote:If you could 'open' a newgrf, what do you expect to happen?
Yeaht he list is completly empty!Yexo wrote:1. Put the grf file in the correct directory (read the readme from the link planetmaker gave you).
2. Start OpenTTD, click on "NewGRF settings" in the main menu and the NewGRF there.
What is the 'data' folder, it doesnt exist in my game folders nowhere?!?.Voyager One wrote:Step by step:
1. Download the NewGRF wherever you want.
2. Open Windows Explorer, go to that GRFs folder and unzip it.
3. Copy it into your OTTD's Data folder.
4. Start OTTD.
5. OTTD will say "Scanning for NewGRFs" - wait.
6. On the opening title menu click on "NewGRF Settings".
7. A window for NewGRFs will open - the upper black box shows currently used GRFs, the lower box shows all available GRFs.
8. Double-click (or one-click + "Add" button) on a GRF which you want to use (lower box).
9. That GRF will show in the upper box and will be loaded into your game.
10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 for more GRFs you want to use.
11. After you're done, click "Apply changes" button.
12. Close that NewGRF window ("x" on the upper left corner).
13. Click "New Game" button or "Scenario Editor" button, depending what you want to do.
Did I miss anything? Devs, feel free to copy this on wiki...
the "data" folder does not exist anymore, it must say "newgrf" nowadays. and if the "newgrf" folder does not exist, you can create one.rt-2 wrote:What is the 'data' folder, it doesnt exist in my game folders nowhere?!?.