I got a problem with online playing, help please !!!

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ZeXoMaN
Engineer
Engineer

I got a problem with online playing, help please !!!

Post by ZeXoMaN »

hello guys, i am new at online playing in this game so i appriciate if some1 can help me. I have TTD and i have a patched game but i am not sure if its right patch because i cannot play online with other guys when i go find servers. Can you explain me how to fix it or can you give me the link of the last version of this patch please. thx in front !
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: I got a problem with online playing, help please !!!

Post by XeryusTC »

First of all, which game are you using? And what version? Note that "latest" is not a version as OTTD has at least 3 different latest versions at all times. The version can usually be found in the title of the game window.

If you're using OpenTTD make sure that you have internet selected instead of LAN at the multiplayer screen. If you're using TTDPatch you better switch to OpenTTD if you want to play online because it is near impossible to do with TTDP.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ZeXoMaN
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ZeXoMaN »

here is my version m8, and thx for the fast answer

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/versionf.jpg/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
btw i have selected internet but every game i try to join is unable ( red circle :P )
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

That is a custom version, of which probably no multiplayer servers exist. The game version needs to be the same for all players (and the server) in order to be able to play multiplayer games.

It's recommended to use the latest stable release for multiplayer games, as that is what most servers use as well.
ZeXoMaN
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ZeXoMaN »

FooBar wrote:That is a custom version, of which probably no multiplayer servers exist. The game version needs to be the same for all players (and the server) in order to be able to play multiplayer games.

It's recommended to use the latest stable release for multiplayer games, as that is what most servers use as well.
can u give me the link of latest relesee , latest version ?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

I just wasted about 1 minute and thirty seconds reading an OpenTTD thread that was posted in a Transport Tycoon Deluxe forum. :roll:
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

wallyweb wrote:I just wasted about 1 minute and thirty seconds reading an OpenTTD thread that was posted in a Transport Tycoon Deluxe forum. :roll:
Thanks for bumping it so we could all waste our time too. :)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

PikkaBird wrote:
wallyweb wrote:I just wasted about 1 minute and thirty seconds reading an OpenTTD thread that was posted in a Transport Tycoon Deluxe forum. :roll:
Thanks for bumping it so we could all waste our time too. :)
What can I say? Misery loves company. :wink:

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”