Transfer credit appears not to work as it should

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

spy001
Engineer
Engineer

Transfer credit appears not to work as it should

Post by spy001 »

Using build r22808M (which I compiled myself with no changes) I find the following scenario:

train takes cargo of 5 water wagons from station A and delivers to station B - £3000 is paid

same train takes similar cargo to station C but just transfers it (C is close to station B) - £3000 is paid

if a similar train takes the same cargo from station C to station B it is charged £30000
if a water tanker takes a cargo from C to B it is charged £6000

This doesn't make sense.

Brian Fisk
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Transfer credit appears not to work as it should

Post by planetmaker »

spy001 wrote:Using build r22808M (which I compiled myself with no changes) I find the following scenario:
a) That is a modified version of OpenTTD - thus anything can be changed or work differently.
b) And this is not the OpenTTD section of this forum which you're playing. Post in the correct forum next time, please.
(...)transfer(...)
Transfer does not pay real money until the cargo is actually delivered. Amounts shown prior to actual delivery are just estimates. Thus it may happen that vehicles show negative income, i the estimate on the actual income after delivery is wrong. It's a sign that your connection is bad or badly serviced.

Read up on how transfer orders work.
spy001
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spy001 »

Thankyou for your helpful response.

I can't decipher from your response where I should have posted this :-(

It seems to me you didn't read the scenario in my post or you would have seen that what I describe is apparent nonsense. If the estimates are so wrong how am I supposed to determine if it is working as it is supposed to? Are there any income figures I can trust? Surely the year end figures for the vehicles should be correct in which case it definitely doesn't work.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

spy001 wrote:I can't decipher from your response where I should have posted this :-(
planetmaker already moved the topic for you (to the OpenTTD Problems forum). The forum you chose initially is intended for problems with the original Transport Tycoon (Deluxe), which doesn't have the concept of transfers.

As for your 22808M build, it must have been modified in some way, otherwise you wouldn't have ended up with the M in the revision number. It is possible that your changes don't affect the game at all, but there's no way to know for sure that your version behaves the same as clean trunk. If you have a problem, it's best to try with clean trunk as well. Then you can also add a savegame that everybody should be able to open without problems.

Also did you see that planetmaker linked two wiki pages? This is not directly clear from the links, but you'll notice when you hover your mouse on the link such that they get underlined. I think the second link explains your problem rather well, but you may have missed that.

The income figures you can trust are the ones in the finance window and those that are shown above the vehicle when it makes a delivery.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”