Competitors dont build anything except bussesq

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

daduka
Engineer
Engineer

Competitors dont build anything except bussesq

Post by daduka »

Hi people,
Sorry if I missed a group for this question, but can someone tell me why in every TTD patch including this last one 1.something, competitors build tons of buses and not a single train or aircraft.. They are just too stupid they block towns... I wish I could use old stupid ones from Transport Tycoon deluxe at least.. I know i can download some AL-s but is there an AL that includes competitors building everything???? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Cheers

If someone can help contact me at daduka@gmail.com or here
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Competitors dont build anything except bussesq

Post by Lord Aro »

It sounds like you are in fact playing OpenTTD. With OTTD it is recommended that you play with more than one AI, not just a single AI (e.g. AIAI, but not AroAI)
Also note, that some AIs are not intnded to support any more than buses or road vehicles.
However, some AIs do currently support all transport types (which is more than you can say for the original) are Trans, NoCAB and AdmiralAI(?)
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
daduka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by daduka »

Thanks for your reply! Yes I'am playing Open TTD, so what you are saying is that I need to download ALs from downloads section!?!? :roll:
Simons Mith
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Simons Mith »

No, just a selection. They all have different playing styles, so as long as you've got a mix of at least 3-4 it's fine. Don't use TownCars, StreetTraffic, Idle or IdlePlus because they're not 'competitive' AIs. The more you have, the more variety you'll see, is all.

Edit: I misread: I thought you said download ALL AIs, but the TownCars et al tip is still useful.
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

AIs yes. Downloading them through BaNaNas is the easiest way. There are quite a few out there, and more people working on them all the time.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Be aware that if you have downloaded the "Idle" AI, it can appear as a random AI. (this should not happen if you download "IdleMore" as it includes a parameter that tells OpenTTD that it shouldn't consider it when it picks a random AI)
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
daduka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by daduka »

Thanks folks, cheers!!! :lol:

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”