My OpenTTD is lagging

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ppeupf
Engineer
Engineer

My OpenTTD is lagging

Post by ppeupf »

Hi,my OpenTTD is lagging even when i'm not playing online ,and I can't play online too,i used to play it,and there was no lagging,but after I updated to 1.0.5 it wont work!
I tried using the Beta version but it wont work too,does anyone knows how to help me?
Thx
Arie-
Director
Director

Re: My OpenTTD is lagging

Post by Arie- »

Have you tried disabling some AI's those may eat up a lot of resource. Below a small list of things to try out or submit additional information about:
- AI's
- NewGRF's
- Computer Specs
- Map size
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

What version did you use before that worked good before updating to 1.0.5?

Did you use the exact same savegame in your old version and in 1.0.5? If so, please submit this savegame.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
ppeupf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ppeupf »

I disabled all AIs, GRFs and used maps 256x256
Before using 1.0.5 I used 1.0.4
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Please make sure you don't give away too many information.

* It could be interesting to see which savegame for example works for you under 1.0.4 and now not anymore under 1.0.5.
* It could be interesting to know which server(s) you cannot connect to (anymore) where it worked for your previously
* What OS do you use and did you install any updates or other programmes in between?
* Do you run background programmes like desktop managers etc?
* Did you change the music and / or sound settings of OpenTTD and does the problem persist when you start openttd without sound and music drivers:
openttd -s null -m null (in windows from command line)
* Does OpenTTD 1.0.4 "work" (whatever that means)?
Download here: http://binaries.openttd.org/binaries/re ... index.html and unpack for testing purposes in an arbitrary directory. No install required.
ppeupf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ppeupf »

planetmaker wrote:Please make sure you don't give away too many information.

1-It could be interesting to see which savegame for example works for you under 1.0.4 and now not anymore under 1.0.5.
2-It could be interesting to know which server(s) you cannot connect to (anymore) where it worked for your previously
3-What OS do you use and did you install any updates or other programmes in between?
4-Do you run background programmes like desktop managers etc?
5-Did you change the music and / or sound settings of OpenTTD and does the problem persist when you start openttd without sound and music drivers:
6-Does OpenTTD 1.0.4 "work" (whatever that means)?
Download here: http://binaries.openttd.org/binaries/re ... index.html and unpack for testing purposes in an arbitrary directory. No install required.

1-Sorry,can you explain this one to me better?,I dont know whats that "savegame you are talking about"
2-I cant connect to any server,when i click "find servers" the program stops working
3-I use Windows Vista,and no,I didn't intall any updates
4-No,I don't
5-I tried to start with no music or sounds but the problem still persists
6-Yes,It does "work",but lagging
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

ppeupf wrote:
planetmaker wrote:Please make sure you don't give away too many information.

1-It could be interesting to see which savegame for example works for you under 1.0.4 and now not anymore under 1.0.5.
2-It could be interesting to know which server(s) you cannot connect to (anymore) where it worked for your previously
3-What OS do you use and did you install any updates or other programmes in between?
4-Do you run background programmes like desktop managers etc?
5-Did you change the music and / or sound settings of OpenTTD and does the problem persist when you start openttd without sound and music drivers:
6-Does OpenTTD 1.0.4 "work" (whatever that means)?

1-Sorry,can you explain this one to me better?,I dont know whats that "savegame you are talking about"
2-I cant connect to any server,when i click "find servers" the program stops working
3-I use Windows Vista,and no,I didn't intall any updates
4-No,I don't
5-I tried to start with no music or sounds but the problem still persists
6-Yes,It does "work",but lagging
1: I think Planetmaker wants to know if you have a save that worked fine earlier but is lagging now
2: Does OpenTTD stops running and crashes to desktop, or is the serverlist not populated? Maybe your firewall wants you to allow OpenTTD and throws a warning at you, getting you back to the desktop. Is there an OpenTTD.exe running in the Taskmanager after crashing? Can you access the Online Content System or does that crash the game also?
4: Is your computer slow during other tasks/games? Or is it just OpenTTD that has problems?
6: Can you provide a save game from such a lagging game? Maybe there is a setting wrong or something like that, and that can be better seen with a save game.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”