Custom Bus stop

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Peterisgb
Engineer
Engineer

Custom Bus stop

Post by Peterisgb »

I need a new design for the bus station, i use to be a plane person on the orignal tt but now i'm a bus person, i have an idea of a nice layout for a bus station this is my current station
-> Close Up (Bigger Resolution) <-

my as you can see i have tried to make it a one way into the bus station, there is a bus station where i am which would look really good in this game, pic below,

i see A LOT of people uses bus, i do, just this one station i made on mine i have over 200 buses going in and out all the time, i think this would be a really good idea, if i had to guess a size 5x10 grid

let me know your ideas, and if this can atually be done?
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Custom Bus stop

Post by Hyronymus »

Please use the search button. The answer is readily availabe on the forum. You may also check out some screenshots from other users and find it out.
Peterisgb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peterisgb »

Hyronymus wrote:Please use the search button. The answer is readily availabe on the forum. You may also check out some screenshots from other users and find it out.
i have looked thro the forums, i could not find anything like this, no screenshots of ideas for bus stations either, unless there all in the trash or acient history
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Really? Drive-through bus-stops have been a trunk feature of OpenTTD for quite some time now.
Peterisgb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peterisgb »

noep i can find nothing of the sort of bus stop idea i have here,
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Next time, please upload a PNG screenshot instead of a JPG-file. JPG compression destroys the image while PNG is lose-less and works fairly good on computer graphics. Ctrl+S in OpenTTD produces such a screenshot in the same directory as where your openttd.cfg is located.

You could take a look at #openttdcoop game 171 which is a massive road vehicle-only game.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Peterisgb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peterisgb »

ok png, i'll remember that, there is a bigger screenshot link under the pic, i like the all rv idea but i dont see anything that would be like the bus stop idea i have in mind, i would do this myself but i have no editing software to do this and the ones i try n use dont work :(
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

If you had something specific in mind, why not just make a new game, get some money and try out different setups?

As a general tip, two-way stations where the path of entering the bus/truck stops from both sides have equal length are good.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Peterisgb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peterisgb »

i have tried loads of different layouts for my bus stations, the one you see is like my 1000th layout for a bus station, is there any programs out there that i can use to make one or somthing, i'm ttd using openttd 1.0.5
zero.eight
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by zero.eight »

So something like this? One way in, one way out. All one station. No idea how efficient it is. Drive through road station might reduce travelling time but then the station wouldn't have bays. Experiment and you will come up with something :)
Attachments
busStation.png
busStation.png (31.08 KiB) Viewed 7328 times
OpenTTD: VAST - station tiles and objects | MICS - urban monorail graphical conversion | Universal Rail Type - easier train replacement
Peterisgb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peterisgb »

zero.eight wrote:So something like this? One way in, one way out. All one station. No idea how efficient it is. Drive through road station might reduce travelling time but then the station wouldn't have bays. Experiment and you will come up with something :)
yh i have tried like thison one of my prevois datas, this doesnt loose money if all your busses are making money anyway all the time lol, my buses are making like 50-100k each trip so i dont mind the one way trip lolbut something like that, heres is a screenshot of the realy bus station near me
555gln22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 555gln22 »

Preston. :shock:

I've posted an answer in your other thread.

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 85#p920085
Formerly known as 'davepoth'

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”