"Appalling" rating.

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ShadeSlayer
Engineer
Engineer

"Appalling" rating.

Post by ShadeSlayer »

I have this one game where there are a bunch of cities. Most of the cities are between 20,000 and 70,000 people, but there is this one that is 205,000. I provided bus services to all of these cities to see how well they would grow, and every city I have affected give me the "Outstanding" rating. Hell, I even leveled a town and it has me at Very Good.

Now, this 205,000 civilian city has a good bus system, no airport, no rail, no boats, and I don't mess with the city, yet my rating is always Appalling. I even did a test where I bribed them to give me the Outstanding rating, and after checking about 10 minutes later, it was back at Appalling.

Does anybody know why this would happen?
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: "Appalling" rating.

Post by Zuu »

Check the cargo ratings at your stations. What do they say? Do you have stations with bad ratings?
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
el koeno
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: "Appalling" rating.

Post by el koeno »

Zuu wrote:Check the cargo ratings at your stations. What do they say? Do you have stations with bad ratings?
Station ratings don't matter. What matters if a station "transfers" cargo (not sure what that means). So perhaps you have a lot of inactive stations? See the wiki for more details.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”