trams jam: solution needed

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

bernd neidert
Engineer
Engineer

trams jam: solution needed

Post by bernd neidert »

hello, i'm not sure but i think in 0.7.3 trams used to overtake one another and they apparently don't do that anymore. of course that's more realistic but the problem is that whenever i build a tram line (ring shape) in order to make a town grow faster, the trams going on that ring don't keep distance anymore. so after a few rounds they move like a caterpillar which means the first one gets all the passengers and hence makes a lot of profit but the others end up with only 1-2 passengers per journey. a further consequence of that is irregular serving of the stops which makes passengers and authorities quite grumpy.

anyone familiar with this?

best regards
michael
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: trams jam: solution needed

Post by Kogut »

a) There is no need to post in two places with the same problem
b) Trams in 7.3 have the same behaviour like in 1.0
c) Try timetables or autoseparation patch
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: trams jam: solution needed

Post by audigex »

You can fix it (although it's slightly more work) by making the trams have slightly different routes. That way they'll sometimes have a couple in sync, but most of them will automatically seperate sometimes due to the differences in route length.

It's used in real life too, so it's not unrealistic - eg 1, 1A and 1B buses in a UK city, they all have approximately the same route but with a variation or two.
Jon

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”