No income from buses?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

BayfordIOW
Engineer
Engineer

No income from buses?

Post by BayfordIOW »

Hi all,

It might be me being abit slow, but im not getting any income from my buses. I thought it might have something to do with the 'Go To' directions so i'll type them out. None the less can u guys explain why?

1: Go To Conningwell
2: Go To Sunston
--End of Orders--

Regards, A.Bayford
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: No income from buses?

Post by petert »

Could you post a save game that shows the problem?

There is a chance that you don't have (many) passengers yet, so the bus has nothing to make income off of.
BayfordIOW
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BayfordIOW »

ok, ive posted the file for my save game, if it dont work shall i post a screenie of a few of the vehicles details?
Bayford Transport Corps., 2nd Aug 1947.sav
(136.73 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

I look at your save game, but I did not see anything wrong with the orders of the buses, I even set up my own route to test. I did notice one thing, there are two "MPS Regal" Buses availble for purchase at the buy bus window. I think NewGRFs are messing with the profits, but I really am not sure.

I tried without any GRFs, and the profits work. I then retried the save game and took off GRF-by-GRF to test which one causes the problem and found that after removing all GRFs above and including Generic Cars (alphebetically), the profits worked again. This means that I started from the top of the GRF list, then removed a couple each time, an when I got to (and removed) Generic Cars, the profits were working.

Attached is a list of the GRFs I had left when profit was working.

Also, OpenTTD problems go in this forum: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=31
Anything OpenTTD goes into one of these 5 forums: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=55
Attachments
GRFset_profit_working.png
GRFset_profit_working.png (17.03 KiB) Viewed 2897 times
BayfordIOW
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BayfordIOW »

thanks buddy, i guess the new GRFs cant always be spot on working correctly. Also thanks for the heads up, will post in correct dedicated areas next time!

Regards, A.Bayford

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”