Few General Questions...

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Macil
Engineer
Engineer

Few General Questions...

Post by Macil »

First question, I've been looking for almost 7 hours (my entire duration at work - where I should have been working - haha) for a grf file that will let me transport fish and beer. I got a few grf files like scania trucks or something like that or long vehicles maybe. And I think one called newships.grf. I honestly haven't got a clue where I got them I've been to so many websites today. But my question... Is Open TTD able to transport these? And if so, how? Because I got the game to recognize the cargo (at least for the fish) when it picks up, but when it drops off at the appropriate place (food processing plant) I am awarded with no money, and there is in-turn, no food created out of the delivered fish.

As for beer (Second question), I am yet to find a single file out there that allows me to actually transport beer created from wheat at a brewery. Not-a-one. =(
So if anyone knows a link to somewhere with the appropriate GRF I'd appreciate it.

Third question, I remember back in the day, using a program called TTDX configurator and have since redownloaded it. Is this compatible with OpenTTD (which is what I'm using and thoroughly enjoying at the moment)? If so, how would I make it work? I feel I've tried everything!

Last but not least, I remember in TTDX there being an option you could turn on that would let you manually destroy an industry if it were in your way ever or you just didn't want it around while playing. Obviously, if I can't use TTDX, is there a way to do this in OpenTTD?

All help is greatly appreciated, and much thanks in advance!

Transport Tycoon forever! Mu wa ha ha! :D
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Few General Questions...

Post by JGR »

Please note the title of the forum section to which you have posted: "Problems with TTDPatch".
What you have posted is neither technically a problem per se, nor (as I understand it) relevant to TTDPatch.

In future the "General OpenTTD" section would be a more fitting location, (however do not duplicate this topic, it will probably be moved at some point).

To answer your query, I would suggest you search on GRFCrawler (google it), and/or investigate "ECS" (again google or forum search).
I myself do not use non-TTD cargos or OpenTTD so I cannot me more specific than that.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Moved, again can I urge posters, again, to read the section name before posting to save the amount of moving topics and confusion of users trying to help.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Macil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Macil »

Similar names, I honestly thought this is where I had posted it.

Oh well, my mistake. Thanks for moving and sorry for the inconvenience.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

IIRC, "beer" is only available in the old NewCargo set. It has been removed in ECS and made a sub-cargo to "food".

NewCargo was more or less a test .grf for the new cargoes and industries when implemented for the first time. It just contains the new cargoes "fish" and "beer", the new industries "fishing grounds" and "brewery", together with some modifications for original TTD buildings and vehicles to be able to transport and accept it.

regards
Michael

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”