Do you have problems with ECS vectors? Look here!

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Do you have problems with ECS vectors? Look here!

Post by George »

OldManPopo wrote:
Eddi wrote:Try to use the ?-Tool to find out which tiles of the Industry accept the vehicles, and then make sure these tiles are in the coverage area of your station.
Yup! That was the problem. Still adjusting to ECS's really big Industries; my coverage area caught part of it, but not the Vehicles part of it. Add a new lane for rail and viola, let the vehicles commence!
Thanks for the heads up!
Does the problem exist in this version? http://george.zernebok.net/temp/ECS1.2/
Image Image Image Image
dunhas2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dunhas2 »

REDBOOK7 wrote:I solved the problem by moving town vector to the top of the grf list , This info ( tip ) might be handy for the wikki help file!!
I did the same thing and worked fine. :)
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

I screwed up making a game recently, and hadn't installed all the ECS grfs... as a result, I've just noticed that in my current tropical game that my water towers produce steel and my rubber plantations produce coal. Life is very easy (heh) but this isn't what I wanted. Is there anything I can do to fix that game (as I've since installed the missing GRFs and a new game shows them all working correctly) or am I stuck with it broken?
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

metalangel wrote:I screwed up making a game recently, and hadn't installed all the ECS grfs... as a result, I've just noticed that in my current tropical game that my water towers produce steel and my rubber plantations produce coal. Life is very easy (heh) but this isn't what I wanted. Is there anything I can do to fix that game (as I've since installed the missing GRFs and a new game shows them all working correctly) or am I stuck with it broken?
is it the same with these GRFs? http://george.zernebok.net/temp/ECS1.2/
If yes, is it the same in the new game?
Image Image Image Image
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

I was using 1.1.2, now using 1.2. New games are fine, what I wondered was if it was possible to fix the industries in a game that I've already started. I think the answer is no.

I had the problem because I didn't have the Town Vector installed when I started the game.

Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

NewGRFs cannot be changed in a running game by normal users, you need to become at least a scenario developer for that. and whether that would actually solve your problem is doubtful at best.
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

I suspected as much. Damn. The map was nice and I had a coal mine right next to a power station to fund me through that crucial early stage. Thanks!

kamnet

Post by kamnet »

A POTENTIAL fix, may not work at all, try at your own risk:

1) Save game under new name, change file extension from .sav to .scn
2) Enable Scenario Developer mode, if you have not yet done so
3) Open Scenario Editor and import scenario, add missing NewGRFs, save
4) Rename file from .scn to .sav
5) Play game, open console and type "restart".

Hopeful outcome is that your game is restarted from the first day, with industries and resources set back to where they were, with the correct pricing and variables. You may have to re-trace some of your steps that you've taken in building your company, but you'll get back to where you want to be.
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

kamnet wrote:
Hopeful outcome is that your game is restarted from the first day, with industries and resources set back to where they were, with the correct pricing and variables. You may have to re-trace some of your steps that you've taken in building your company, but you'll get back to where you want to be.
That's worked well enough for me! I have the same map, but the towns and industries have all moved. I can fix that in the scenario editor too so it's not a big deal, I had a huge cluster of industries before and trying to build a freight yard with the intent of it using huge trains in future, when you have mid-19th century steam engines, is a recipe for TRAFFIC JAM.

Thanks for taking the time to explain how to do it, very much appreciated. I should have said before, thank you George for making ECS, it's great!

dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

Im using some of the latest vectors with cargodist git version at the moment,

I have lots of industries producing building materials that the cargo flow legend shows as being accepted by towns,

the problem is i dont seem to have any buildings that accept these? this is using the ECS houses grf

do these houses only spawn in certian eras? i usially start my games in the 1830s to play with early vhecles such as UKRS2 planet class steam loco
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

dasy2k1 wrote:Im using some of the latest vectors with cargodist git version at the moment,
I have lots of industries producing building materials that the cargo flow legend shows as being accepted by towns,
the problem is i dont seem to have any buildings that accept these? this is using the ECS houses grf
do these houses only spawn in certian eras? i usially start my games in the 1830s to play with early vhecles such as UKRS2 planet class steam loco
Yes, there is Building materials shop in version 1.2 (http://george.zernebok.net/temp/ECS1.2/)
Image Image Image Image
K0NFUZIUS
Engineer
Engineer

Post by K0NFUZIUS »

Hi George,
thank you for the linkt to 1.2. Are there a lot of changes between th elast version or is it just a bugfix release?
It would be great if you could update http://george.zernebok.net/newgrf/downloads.html
and if necessary the docu too :-)

Thanks a lot for your great work!

Cheers Joerg
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

K0NFUZIUS wrote:Hi George,
thank you for the linkt to 1.2. Are there a lot of changes between th elast version or is it just a bugfix release?
Not much, but there are. Unfortunately I didn't finish them yet :(
Image Image Image Image
K0NFUZIUS
Engineer
Engineer

Post by K0NFUZIUS »

Hi George,

The ECS Vectors are really great. I'll be sure that you'll be faster in realising ECS 1.2 than Michael will Realease DB Set 0.9 :lol:

:bow:

Cheers Joerg
TSH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TSH »

Are there any plans to get rid of the start date for the first bank/water-tower and end date for the last water-tower, or something else similar to solve the problem of the gold mine and water supplies not being useful in time periods outside of the original 1920 - 2050 era? AMoving the industries addon industries into the vectors they complete might work, then you can at least build them when they aren't available.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

TSH wrote:Are there any plans to get rid of the start date for the first bank/water-tower and end date for the last water-tower, or something else similar to solve the problem of the gold mine and water supplies not being useful in time periods outside of the original 1920 - 2050 era? AMoving the industries addon industries into the vectors they complete might work, then you can at least build them when they aren't available.
There are a lot of plans, but currently ECS is not a high priority.
Image Image Image Image
LSky
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LSky »

George wrote:
Frohike wrote:Hey,
Any updates on that issue? Because its kinda hard to get a very productive industry (e.g. >140coal/month) when I'm almost unable to get a station rating above 75%, as its the only way to rise the production of such industry, at least thats I understand ECS-economic.. ;)
Unfortunately, it's not an ECS issue, it's station rating issue
FIRS has an option to change the way in which station ratings work. Would this be a good idea for ECS as well? I'm experiencing the same issues as described by Frohike on my server, which is extraordinarily annoying. Even though there's always vehicles waiting at the stations, the station rating can't reach 75% and as such the industry will not increase production.
Kraks
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kraks »

LSky wrote:Even though there's always vehicles waiting at the stations, the station rating can't reach 75% and as such the industry will not increase production.
Try to build a statue in the town... See wiki for help.
LSky
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LSky »

Kraks wrote:
LSky wrote:Even though there's always vehicles waiting at the stations, the station rating can't reach 75% and as such the industry will not increase production.
Try to build a statue in the town... See wiki for help.
I understand how station ratings work, but I just think it's flawed. It becomes a big problem in ECS.
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

Does anyone saw this problem or encountered it ?
This should have been an Chemical Plant

Oil Refinery and Oil Wells

I'm tired of starting a new game and everything to work correctly and then at the next load things start to be messed up slowly but surely...it's not the first time when this is happening. I'm really tired of this. If there's a way to fix this, I'm really willing to heart it.

PS: I've attached a save game too

Thanks
Attachments
IMT Europe, 27-09-2001.sav
(4.49 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
Last edited by AlexG on 07 Apr 2013 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”