road breakes :(

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Lizard
Engineer
Engineer

road breakes :(

Post by Lizard »

look at screen...

And what does with vehicles :( ...
Attachments
road.jpg
road.jpg (31.59 KiB) Viewed 3835 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Take your non-sensical text and your vehicle-free jpeg and go back where you came from. Don't come back until you can post text that states what EXACTLY the problem is, and PNGs that contain what your text claims they contain.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

It doesn't make sense, it looks like you wanted to show 3 stages, before, during and after, but the after doesn't look like the before and during

So do as Dalestan nicely asked
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Lizard
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lizard »

I mean- How to demolish city neutral roads to prevent to do buisness by machines...

Also, if the contender will construct road then every machines will go on this road! :( And after the contender can destroy this road...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

It looks to me like you figured out how to demolish roads.

Your translator is producing the word "machines", which apparently go on roads, so I think it means "road vehicles"

Are you trying to sabatoge the AI?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Lizard wrote:I mean- How to demolish city neutral roads to prevent to do buisness by machines...

Also, if the contender will construct road then every machines will go on this road! :( And after the contender can destroy this road...
I have no idea what you are saying!

What are you trying to say?
1. how to demolish city-owned roads when they do not allow you so? Build a track and demolish that track? <-- this does not work anymore, you can only remove the rail
2. you make a crossing over a road and now everyone can delete that road? <-- does not work either
3. make a crossing and everyone can use this piece of rail? <-- does not work anymore

what are you saying?
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

1) how can you demolish town owned roads so as to sabotage the AI/anyone your playing?

2)the opponent constructs roads and then all the road vehicles use this road. but then the opponent can demolish this road

to part 2, yes - so build you own roads and dont always rely on oppenents building them

and if you mean anyone can demolish those roads, nope. only the player that build them can.
teeone
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by teeone »

I think it finally hit me what he's talking about, and what those screenshots mean. (Not sure about the rail crossing though)

In the pic he's showing a road getting demolished and then in the last pic buses are stranded.

Then in his post he talks about an opponent luring buses onto a road and trapping them (what the picture shows.......). Well, this isn't a bug; vehicles use ANY road available to them (yours, competitor's, neutral road).

If this isn't what it is, just slap me because i took a stab at it, lol
Lizard
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lizard »

sorry about my english...

2. you make a crossing over a road and now everyone can delete that road? <-- does not work either
yup it is... in r1404 version works... :/

"Well, this isn't a bug; vehicles use ANY road available to them "- yes... it is... buses going on opponents roads, when, I have my road... :/ and opponbent have to demolish him track... I think it's badly idea for multiplayer :(
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

thats the current issue with multiplayer, getting rid of the kids that do that.

yes, but did you try deleting the road before you put the track on it?

and if the opponent manages to do that, just reconnect it. and we cant destroy you roads.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Lizard wrote:2. you make a crossing over a road and now everyone can delete that road? <-- does not work either
yup it is... in r1404 version works... :/
I am sorry Lizard but this DOES NOT work. So unless you are doing something else please do not post such nonsense bugs!
Attachments
Town
Town
road2.png (42.21 KiB) Viewed 3707 times
Opponent
Opponent
road1.png (35.86 KiB) Viewed 3707 times
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Dundee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dundee »

Darkvater wrote:I am sorry Lizard but this DOES NOT work.
It does work if the city would otherwise let you delete the road. It doesn't enable you to delete any road that you can build a crossing on.
Lizard
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lizard »

Ha!!! I see... If you have a good raiting... you can demolish road everywhere in the city ;) (without a railroad)
I think in MP it featire should be disabled :/
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Dundee wrote:
It does work if the city would otherwise let you delete the road. It doesn't enable you to delete any road that you can build a crossing on.
Proove it Dundee because I cannot reproduce it.
There is a patch setting that makes towns more restrictive in what you can and cannot do; it is found under 'construction'. You can disable that in MP.
Dundee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dundee »

Darkvater wrote:
Dundee wrote:
Proove it Dundee because I cannot reproduce it.
If the city would otherwise allow you to remove the road if the track wasn't there, the track and road are removed with one click of the bulldozer. This would explain why our Russian friend believed the bug still existed - he could remove roads that CS's TTD would not like removed.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

of course they can be removed. If the town allows me to remove the road and the track is mine I can remove both..so what's the bug?
Dundee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dundee »

Darkvater wrote:of course they can be removed. If the town allows me to remove the road and the track is mine I can remove both..so what's the bug?
This isn't a bug in OpenTTD. I can see how, from the POV of someone coming from CS's TTD, the more permissive behaviour could be misconstrued as a/the crossing-demolish bug. The OP understands why it happens now so it's resolved.
SugarySnax
Engineer
Engineer

Re: road breakes :(

Post by SugarySnax »

Well if any of you are still alive, I'd like to let you know that I've been trying to destroy the AI. I've been using trains across their roads. I lay down about 4 pieces of track and a depot. I build a train in the depot and launch it and then I delete all the track on that line except one piece on either sided of the road and the piece that's in the road. The train goes back and forth and hits cars by luck or I can try to start and stop it to aim at cars. I can easily kill 200 road vehicles using this but the AI usually just makes more money with planes. I've deleted large sections of city adjoining their airports if their rating is atrocious. This is pretty expensive but in theory it denies them passengers and mail if you wreck all the stuff in catchment zone of the airport. I've also repeatedly purchased exclusive transportation rights, which often costs 15 million dollars or more. The AI still makes money, but not much.

I've also deleted a lot of intersection road pieces to prevent their vehicles from moving around in their atrocious cities. This can take a long time to fix once you do buy them out, but I think it does add some devastation.

I'd buy them out much sooner, but I'd have to start over with new vehicle limits. I'm unable to buy because if I did, there'd be too many vehicles owned by one company.

Is there anything else I can do? I'd like to ruin their aircraft profits. That's the only way they can keep going. Of course the road vehicle damage hurts but you can only do so much attacking their road vehicles.
Kalen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kalen »

That's a well-known trick to mess with the AI and it goes back to the earliest days of TT. You didn't have to necro a thread from 2005 just to mention that. :P

Another one I used to do back then - not sure if it still works - was to place train depots behind AI stations and launch a locomotive when their trains stopped at the station, which would destroy them. I'm pretty sure this used to be a thing, but then again this was when I was a kid so maybe I'm imagining it...

You can't do much about their airports though as far as I'm aware, other than trying to out-compete them and get the cargo to be sent your way instead.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

It's much simpler to just not start the AI in the first place :)
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”