Is there a way to rearrange toolbar buttons?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

aasasd
Engineer
Engineer

Is there a way to rearrange toolbar buttons?

Post by aasasd »

Hi. By any chance, does the game have a facility to customize the order of buttons in the toolbars? A config file would work fine for me.

My use-case is that I'm playing the game on an Android tablet, and the Android version has the often-used ‘ctrl’ button in the exact opposite corner from where my screen-tapping hand actually is. (The other hand is busy holding the tablet, since I'm not usually sitting upright.) Plus I wouldn't mind adjusting other buttons to place the most-used by me in places where I reach them comfortably. Considering that the game changes the displayed buttons depending on whether they fit in the screen width/height, perhaps such customization would be welcome to some players, especially seeing as button-clicking occupies plenty of game time—at least in the mobile version.

(I'm guessing that NewGRFs aren't quite that powerful.)
aasasd
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Is there a way to rearrange toolbar buttons?

Post by aasasd »

Ah, too bad. Thanks for the reply!

I'll see what the author of the Android version thinks of moving the buttons, as the chosen corner seems suboptimal for the typical hands' position—I'll ask on Github, if he doesn't happen to drop by in this topic.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

I'm not moving the Ctrl button, I'm used to it's position.
If you can compile Android version yourself, you can change the button arrangement here, there are 4 arrangements for different screen height:
https://github.com/pelya/openttd-androi ... .cpp#L2296
You also need to use branch 1.11, not master.
aasasd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by aasasd »

pelya: thanks for the reply! I'll try that.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”