Incorrect sorting of scenarios and maps by date

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Incorrect sorting of scenarios and maps by date

Post by LaChupacabra »

I have recently downloaded several scenarios, chose sort by date and ... nothing works properly. This is not a new bug. The way how the game sorts maps and scenarios makes no sense.

In the case of loading saves everything works fine, so why not here?
Incorrect sort by date.png
Incorrect sort by date.png (374.48 KiB) Viewed 1511 times
These ID numbers at the beginning of the file name only make it more difficult to find these files. What are this for?
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Incorrect sorting of scenarios and maps by date

Post by vrn »

Judging by the picture, it seems the scenarios with custom names ("Black Gold(v1.2)" to "The Polder with industrie(v1.0)) are sorted alphabetically, while the rest ("Polska Piranha.scn" and onwards) are sorted some other way. They might be sorted by date, could you verify whether this is true?
Either way, you are right that this is probably not how it is supposed to work. :P
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i would imagine they're not sorted by the date of the .tar file, but the .scn file within the .tar file (which you don't see in the screenshot), which effectively means date of upload, instead of download.
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

Eddi wrote: 05 Jul 2020 09:00 i would imagine they're not sorted by the date of the .tar file, but the .scn file within the .tar file (which you don't see in the screenshot), which effectively means date of upload, instead of download.
From what I noticed, the game tries to sort files by modification date, which is good.

The problem is that it doesn't include these dates for tar files containing the right files, and sorts them in a different order - by name, which is terribly confusing and makes it harder to find anything.

File dates that are in compressed folders should not be taken into account because they will be completely different from the download dates, which will make searching for recently downloaded files difficult.
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”