Blank vehicle names

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Tycek
Engineer
Engineer

Blank vehicle names

Post by Tycek »

Hello. I was recently downloading some newGRFs and I bumped into a wierd problem.

After certain number of newGRFs, the GRFs after that number have just blank names or {undefined string} names. I made some screenshots for better explanation.

Screen 1: List of my newGRFs, the last GRF that works well, is WAS. (Screen 2)

Screen 3: Road Hog vehicles in a list of availible vehicles. It has blank names even in purchase menu.

If I add more GRFs after Road Hog, they have either blank names (happens at vehicles) or {undefined string} (happens at stations, new objects etc.) If I swap Road Hog with WAS, then WAS has blank names, and Road Hog works just fine.

Does this problem have any solution, or did I just stumbled upon a limit of newGRFs?
Attachments
Screen 1.png
Screen 1.png (17.53 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
Screen 2.png
(212.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screen 3.png
(210.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kamnet

Re: Blank vehicle names

Post by kamnet »

My guess: You've loaded too many NewGRFs that completely overflow the limit on vehicles.

To be honest I seriously doubt you're going to use all of the trainsets you have loaded. Those are notorious for having a lot of vehicles you'll never use. I'd suggest using just one or two train sets. That will leave space for more vehicles to be properly loaded.
Tycek
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Blank vehicle names

Post by Tycek »

Well the thing is, that it does not happen only to vehicles. For example if I load MariCo at the end of the list, its objects are named as (undefined string). Maybe there is some newGRF string limit that I reached?

I actually like that many of trainsets, because I use something out of every set. Some sets have great freight locos, some have great passenger locos, some have great wagons etc. And I really like this variety.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”