Locomotion Screenshots and Videos (No off-topic posting)

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Sir BNSF
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Locomotion Screenshots and Videos (No off-topic posting)

Post by Sir BNSF »

Keep the screenshots rolling! :D
Attachments
A long empty ore train climbing up the mountain
A long empty ore train climbing up the mountain
MC 4.png (163.35 KiB) Viewed 15340 times
Chemical works is busy as usual
Chemical works is busy as usual
MC 5.png (124.52 KiB) Viewed 15340 times
The long iron train at the top of the mountain. Ore trains now have help from minecarts
The long iron train at the top of the mountain. Ore trains now have help from minecarts
MC 6.png (187.25 KiB) Viewed 15340 times
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Very nice screenshots Sir...Well, I found the scenario (thanks for the link) and I reworked it so I can play with the entire Dutch vehicle, station and roadset. It cost me almost two days to rework on everything because there was a lot that needed to be changed since I use very different types of stations. Screenshot are posted in my own screenshot-topic...

Keep up the good work !
Sir BNSF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sir BNSF »

I made some pretty interesting routes up and down the mountain. Lots of bridges and tunnels.
Attachments
MC 10.png
MC 10.png (164.04 KiB) Viewed 15284 times
MC 11.png
MC 11.png (179 KiB) Viewed 15284 times
MC 12.png
MC 12.png (181.82 KiB) Viewed 15284 times
AxelP14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AxelP14 »

Picture 1: How fast can Boulder Breakers can be finished? This is my best effort :mrgreen:

Picture 2: Blocking an industry to monopoly it :lol:

Picture 3:I hope I have motivation to expand this :(
Attachments
BoulderBreakersAxelP14.png
(478.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SteppingStonesBlock.png
(619.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DingleJoy1903May.png
(420.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sir BNSF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sir BNSF »

I'm still playing the same map from time to time. It's going to be finished real soon!
Attachments
A short paper train climbing up the mountain
A short paper train climbing up the mountain
MC 13.png (164.05 KiB) Viewed 14911 times
Dropping off at the printing works
Dropping off at the printing works
MC 14.png (128.77 KiB) Viewed 14911 times
Empty trains racing
Empty trains racing
MC 15.png (55.37 KiB) Viewed 14911 times
CS Master12
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CS Master12 »

My MadeByMe Scenario it calls Oil Wells From EDS.
Attachments
Screenshot1.jpg
Tiny Network Overview
(139.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot2.jpg
Trains, Trains, Tra...
(711.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot3.jpg
...ins and again Trains
(545.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

First time Ive posted on here but this is to do with a long held ambition to create a landscape that could double for my eventual dream of owning a large scale HO layout

Let me introduce you to the Faith and Hope Railroad Company. a joint venture by two towns either side of Granola River, seeking new markets for their product and loathing the continual water road transfer of years gone by, the two towns have agreed to jointly finance a railroad between themselves and the various sites of coal, oil cereals and livestock production either side of the river.

Unfortunately due to the depth of the river and the need to maintain navigatible rights the bridges had to be high level leading to some large scale earth moving to create the approaches to the bridges!
It soon became apparent that one bridge would not be enough for the continual cross river traffic as the movement of cereals and livestock would overwhelm the existing passenger and lumber traffic at Hope

We join the F&H RR just before 1920 as the volume of traffic increases so does the train weights leading to some questions about what is going to be needed for the heavier trains of the future will the existing approaches haqve to be lengthened or even abandoned?
Attachments
The new shops at Faith serving both the loco's working the coal and oil traffic
The new shops at Faith serving both the loco's working the coal and oil traffic
Screenshot5.jpg (295.83 KiB) Viewed 14373 times
The Faith oilfields only has two lines in use at present,  but three more have just been added and soon traffic will start from them to the refinery
The Faith oilfields only has two lines in use at present, but three more have just been added and soon traffic will start from them to the refinery
Screenshot6.jpg (298.4 KiB) Viewed 14373 times
Faith and Hope Railroad Herald
Faith and Hope Railroad Herald
Herald.jpg (30.96 KiB) Viewed 14373 times
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Three new screenshots, one is a map so you get an idea of the Granola River valley
Attachments
The map showing where Faith and Hope truly are
The map showing where Faith and Hope truly are
Screenshot8.jpg (268.2 KiB) Viewed 14361 times
The massive earthwork approach to the old high level bridge and Hope Central station
The massive earthwork approach to the old high level bridge and Hope Central station
Screenshot9.jpg (293.3 KiB) Viewed 14361 times
The "New" bridge and it's approach from the Hope Side of the Granola River
The "New" bridge and it's approach from the Hope Side of the Granola River
Screenshot10.jpg (290.73 KiB) Viewed 14361 times
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

@CS Master:

What do you mean by Oil wells by EDS, do you mean that you have used my city-version of the oilwells ?

@Utrackbuilder_loco:

Cool looking map Utrack, lookin forward for more screens ! Is there a possibility that you can share that map like with all of your other maps ? I have played a few of your older maps, but this one sure looks nice !

Congrats !

Regards,

Erik
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:@CS Master:

What do you mean by Oil wells by EDS, do you mean that you have used my city-version of the oilwells ?

@Utrackbuilder_loco:

Cool looking map Utrack, lookin forward for more screens ! Is there a possibility that you can share that map like with all of your other maps ? I have played a few of your older maps, but this one sure looks nice !

Congrats !

Regards,

Erik

Thank you because when an acknowledged master of data creation such as yourself gives you a thumbs up then you know it's a good map, I have two maps I can upload if someone talks me through how to de mod them using the tool that seems to be available for the purpose as the simple fact is neither are clean install maps and due to pressure of time in RL I cannot recreate the look easily for as you are aware a good quality landscape takes around 6-8 hours to create.

I shall keep F&H RR on the back burner but I am going to upload a couple of shots of my other landscape so people can see what I would place on the forum for them

The following scenario is Mountain Terrain a landscape I conceived one day just literally out of the blue where the sheer height of the mountain range and the cost of tunneling forces you to go up in the most inventive manner you can, you only really get to tunnel at a lower level when money is at it's most plentiful
Attachments
The factory at the base of the mountain range
The factory at the base of the mountain range
Screenshot11.jpg (285.03 KiB) Viewed 14351 times
Map of the Mountain Terrain Scenario
Map of the Mountain Terrain Scenario
Screenshot12.jpg (291.67 KiB) Viewed 14351 times
From water level to food processing plant the railroad has to climb and climb to make it
From water level to food processing plant the railroad has to climb and climb to make it
Screenshot13.jpg (291.5 KiB) Viewed 14351 times
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

uktrackbuilder_loco wrote:an acknowledged master of data creation such as yourself
Thnxsss man, but that is really to much credit :oops: ...

About that second map, that one looks even better, because it has something from the Serpent. I like maps wich have diffecult routes, and it doesn't matter that much to me if they are modded (of course I prefer unmodded versions), but with three ObjData Folders in my Locomotion directory I usualy manage to find the needed files. Perhaps you can release them, or send them in a PM so I can take a look at them...I would be honored to do that. However if you call me the master of data-creation, I can sure call you one of the masters in Map-creation after Bluebeetle and Zimmlock :bow: !

I never made a good map for the game (although I'm working on two maps at the moment, one for the area of Rotterdam, and one for the southern part of the Netherlands. Both will be mod free) and never released one either.
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:
uktrackbuilder_loco wrote:an acknowledged master of data creation such as yourself
Thnxsss man, but that is really to much credit :oops: ...

About that second map, that one looks even better, because it has something from the Serpent. I like maps wich have diffecult routes, and it doesn't matter that much to me if they are modded (of course I prefer unmodded versions), but with three ObjData Folders in my Locomotion directory I usualy manage to find the needed files. Perhaps you can release them, or send them in a PM so I can take a look at them...I would be honored to do that. However if you call me the master of data-creation, I can sure call you one of the masters in Map-creation after Bluebeetle and Zimmlock :bow: !

I never made a good map for the game (although I'm working on two maps at the moment, one for the area of Rotterdam, and one for the southern part of the Netherlands. Both will be mod free) and never released one either.
Never sell short what you did in creating a whole new catergory of play EDS, that is coding beyond what I can achieve and certainly beyond my level as a designer of landscapes, I just work and think what will make this scenario harder from the obvious depths of my early ones where the landscape was little better than a random Lomo created map through the later ones where there is a lot of time and effort involved because to look good you have to invest time in their creation, that's why I praised the poster who put up the hex codes in corresponding order to the elevation levels for the game because with some smudging of boundaries using a program such as Gimp you can create a landscape which stands out at every turn
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

uktrackbuilder_loco wrote:Three new screenshots, one is a map so you get an idea of the Granola River valley
Here the F&H RR is now finding out how the traffic is developing
Attachments
Hope Township gets it's trams
Hope Township gets it's trams
Screenshot14.jpg (281.82 KiB) Viewed 14282 times
The new bridge proves it's worth as the train sizes starts to grow
The new bridge proves it's worth as the train sizes starts to grow
Screenshot15.jpg (296.83 KiB) Viewed 14282 times
The steam ferry service is scheduled, but the bridge at Hope needs to be higher and no one wishes to do it, so the service is scrapped
The steam ferry service is scheduled, but the bridge at Hope needs to be higher and no one wishes to do it, so the service is scrapped
Screenshot16.jpg (291.91 KiB) Viewed 14282 times
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

The offending bridge at Hope, who will pay for it's new proposed higher height?
Attachments
Screenshot17.jpg
Screenshot17.jpg (292.04 KiB) Viewed 14280 times
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

I see all nice screenshots, i stil play now and then mainly existing saves atm Soldier Summit with steam only and long trains, still having problems with disappearing trains and struggle to reach 80% preformance.
Attachments
Soldier summit steam only.png
(421.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Soldier summit steam only 1.png
(484.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Soldier summit steam only 2.png
(240.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
304 001
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 304 001 »

A sandbox game i started in 1967 with a BR theme.... It's now the 2040's and i still have Class 304's everywhere!
They will never die in my world! :D
Attachments
A class 304 Local commuter train, flanked by a Class 90 on tankers, and a pair of Class 92's loading at the freight station
A class 304 Local commuter train, flanked by a Class 90 on tankers, and a pair of Class 92's loading at the freight station
Screenshot1.jpg (209.56 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
Classes 86, 90 and a little 08 working hard today
Classes 86, 90 and a little 08 working hard today
Screenshot2.jpg (198.44 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
DRS Class 87 delivers some lumber to keep the waiting Class 92's in business.
DRS Class 87 delivers some lumber to keep the waiting Class 92's in business.
Screenshot3.jpg (206.1 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
AxelP14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AxelP14 »

A junction to celebrate the 10 years of Chris Sawyer's Locomotion :lol: :D
Attachments
Screenshot1.png
(359.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot2.png
(270.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

I don't quite see the connection between the screenshots and "10 years of Chris Sawyer's Locomotion". Try to explain.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AxelP14 »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:Nice, but do we suppossed to see something in there ? Cos I can't...
Greyfox wrote:I don't quite see the connection between the screenshots and "10 years of Chris Sawyer's Locomotion". Try to explain.
1. The first time I did a jucntion this complex
2. It supposed to connect 10 destinations

:D

Return to “General Locomotion”