New preview plus 20 NEW screens

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

thorkia
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by thorkia »

I think he means, only one track per station. I haven't seen any screens with stations that even resemble TTD multi platform stations.

That's the make or break for me. Everything I see looks good. I just want multi-platform stations. With out 'em, I ain't buying the game.
andyf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andyf »

IMO I think the majority of people posting about Locomotion are stuck up.
Think about it, Chris has put years of his life in the project for you guys, however he knows TTD is (lets face it) dying and wants to start fresh whilst maintaining the current community. Most people just refer to TTD and compare which could be and most probably are better features in Locomotion.
Petty little things like "Double Rails" will surely be put in the game, and if they are not I am sure somebody will create them. The graphics in locomotion are great as long as you like realism, if you like TTD cheerfull style i am sure there will be an option to get rid of that "dotty" bits by changing screen resolotion (like on RCT2).

Next (because i am on a role) people keep talking about the rct style tracks, it is true they are alike, but this isnt nessisarly a bad thing (soz for bad spelling) if you compare the animation of a turning train on TTD to the ones or RCT you will see that it is worth the slighly anoying rails.

I know i will probably be killed by saying all this but nm
Hope to see what people think!
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

The only curves I don't like are the ones on bridges. I hope those improve.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

this won't improve, game is already in last stage (where is no place for changign things like that only for bug testing), so you have to get use to it
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Azmat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Azmat »

Still, TTD and the Patch make ttd lots better. And im still not bored with it. Lots of others arent bored aswell imo, just look at the gfx forums and all the running projects. They will blow yet again life into ttd and give us some new pleasure.
Also, when i look at that rct graphics, i just think they are not right. There is like no order in it. If i make huge networks and huge junctions in ttd i can easily track things down for myself.
And Chris Saywer should be more innovative instead of just converting ttd to the rct engine. Its zero creativity and it doesnt add many new things imo. Ill play LoMo when it is on the same gameplay level of ttdp.
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

/me hopes for LoMoPatch ;)
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
edk256
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by edk256 »

How much must we pay the esteemed doctor of physics, author of both the RCTpatch and the (more important) TTDpatch to make the Locopatch?
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

this is stupid to need the patch before game release ... I'm staying with TTDPatch and hope it will not be discontinued
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I believe Patchman once said that if there was a sequel to TTD he'ld start making a patch for that.
If Lomo can be modified easier then TTD I would certainly favour a LomoPatch.
edk256
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by edk256 »

Just want to show you guys something at this link: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/n ... tid=413398
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

edk256 wrote:Just want to show you guys something at this link: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/n ... tid=413398
hm :?:
edk256
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by edk256 »

"locopatch.net" and "locopatch.com" are available.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Arathorn wrote:I believe Patchman once said that if there was a sequel to TTD he'ld start making a patch for that.
If Lomo can be modified easier then TTD I would certainly favour a LomoPatch.
I think Lomo sounds a bit retarded. We should call it Loco. Makes more sense with the name as well. It's not Lomocotion :)
nm2588
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nm2588 »

Here are my takes on the latest screenshots of Locomotion...

1. These are jpg files that are posted. In order to make them viewable on the web for people they would have had to make them with a little less quality. Thus, the graphics aren't going to look spectacular by any means.

2. One of my favorite features I can see at this point is Trolley Cars. Someone mentioned double tracks in a previous post. If you look at the screenshot from this link, you can see double tracks for Trolley Cars. Now, at this point we don't know if there will be that option for regular tracks, but one would have to assume there would be something like this. http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/20 ... een004.jpg

3. My one complaint is the Aquaduct style tressles Chris uses in the game. I can understand how they would have to be so rigid, but they just don't look all that great. Especially with the curving track that is laid on them. But on the one hand it is nice to be able to put the track up higher than you can in TTD. Never the less, they are still ugly.

4. Graphics wise, this game is quite an improvement over the original version of TTD. The building on houses on slopes is a pretty fair representation of real life. Some of the bridges are quite an improvement as well. Take the road bridge in this screenshot. That one is pretty nice. http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/20 ... een006.jpg

Overall, Locomotion will be a must have for most of us. While this maybe very similar to TTD, except for updated graphics, I think Locomotion will offer that wide range of things that make TTD so great. At this point, it is just wait and see anyway. But these screenshots have made me excited about it...
NM

Sweet forgiveness could ya roll me easy...
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Yes one of best feature of locomotion is the Trams(I assume they are what you call Trolley Cars....)
nm2588
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nm2588 »

Yeah, they would be the Trolley cars. I really like them. Better to use them instead of the buses.
NM

Sweet forgiveness could ya roll me easy...
edk256
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by edk256 »

They're also called light rail vehicles, or LRVs.
Bart
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bart »

Whoo, just read the hands-on and watched the screenies; I think the game will kick ass! Definately looking out for this one; it seems Mr. Saywer wants to put some focus on using different means of transport...
[url=CALLTO://Sgreehder]Image[/url]
JamesM
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JamesM »

I'm going to have a look at running costs, initial outlay etc. on the trams before I make any decision to use them. I love buses so they'll still have a place. But if the trams are going to be more profitable then...hmm.

Return to “General Locomotion”