OpenLoco now exists!

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: OpenLoco now exists!

Post by Densha »

Good to see development on OpenLoco started!

The changelog on GitHub says that vehicle breakdowns can now be disabled, but how do I go about doing this? I cannot find a option or switch for it anywhere.
Pacific RailRoad
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pacific RailRoad »

OpenLoco is kind of a great deal , I have been messing with it for 3 weeks now and I expect more in the future and hopefully with Multiplayers like OpenRCT2!
__==Chop Chop , That's all Lads , Go home now if you don't have plan to replay==__
My youtube (Locomotions videos shenanigans) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrsVWb ... e97MVmrSkg
Slax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Slax »

Densha wrote: The changelog on GitHub says that vehicle breakdowns can now be disabled, but how do I go about doing this? I cannot find a option or switch for it anywhere.
Same problem here, I can't seem to find the switch for that.

EDIT: I found here how to do it, you just have to open the openloco.cfg file you find in %APPDATA%\OpenLoco and replace that 0 with a 1.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Game crashes constantly, but I'm not sure how to help fix it. Bug reports?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
pfcbrooklyn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pfcbrooklyn »

Yeah, i am having the same problem with the game crashing. Bites. Can't stay open long enough to do much.
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

hi there :D

after months i´ve visited this site again and first tried the openloco-game. it worked from first second. as i´m not an owner of a newer monitor right now, i´m using my old one with 1680x1050. i was positively surprised to see lomo in fullscreen. that is the main reason i´m playing lomo again. lomo is almost perfect now for me and i can´t wait to have new or long awaited features.

if you need gfx-help.. feel free to ask. i´d be glad to help, if it´s possible. don´t have that much time.
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Pacific RailRoad
Engineer
Engineer

Honestly , I don't see whether if this project could go anywhere , I mean it've been almost a year and we've gotten only 1 release with no update :(
__==Chop Chop , That's all Lads , Go home now if you don't have plan to replay==__
My youtube (Locomotions videos shenanigans) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrsVWb ... e97MVmrSkg
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

It looks like there have been quite a few commits since the original release - quite what functionality is in there I don't know. You'd probably need to build it yourself, or find somebody who is willing to do it for you.
Gymnasiast
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gymnasiast »

Pacific RailRoad wrote:Honestly , I don't see whether if this project could go anywhere , I mean it've been almost a year and we've gotten only 1 release with no update :(
Version 19.03 has just been released. The project did see very few commits in the latter half of 2018, but has recently gathered steam again.
Pacific RailRoad
Engineer
Engineer

My friend notice me right after v19.03 were released, honestly I were glad to see that people were still working on it, just hope it will be as good as OpenTTD.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

After somewhat forgetting this existed and recently playing a bout of the original Locomotion I looked up the latest release (21.02) and downloaded it. After playing through the first couple maps I can honestly say this is currently at or even surpassing the base game level, and seeing as development is still active my eyes are gonna be on this a lot closer.

Haven't tried it with any additional trains though, that's gonna be tonight's next test.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

i´ve even tested a few of my DATs and they work there too :)

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

See this is just the best news. :D
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

Dennis007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dennis007 »

I want to try Locomotion again but it gives me this error: "Unable to initialize graphics system" :roll:

Will this be fixed If i install openloco?
Is there any tutorial to install openloco?

EDIT: I tried to install it and it fixed my game :)
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

The latest version (21.05) has some fixes, but mainly it has introduced a cheat menu. Very practical for testing out things or just building cool visuals.

Edit: I hadn't noticed but it also includes build while paused. Been waiting on this, so cool it's here!

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I recommend joining the discord in order to stay updated on releases as well.
Dennis007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dennis007 »

Dennis007 wrote: 14 Mar 2021 08:37 I want to try Locomotion again but it gives me this error: "Unable to initialize graphics system" :roll:

Will this be fixed If i install openloco?
Is there any tutorial to install openloco?

EDIT: I tried to install it and it fixed my game :)
My old game is fixed by this mod, it works on WIN10 now :)
griffinrails
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by griffinrails »

Tried it out and it's fantastic. One changelog mentions a "cheats menu", how can I enable it?
Finally I can easily screen record the game, this is an absolute relief to me.
= STEAM TRAM viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87037 =+= CITY AND COUNTRY USA viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87054 =+= MAILCAR PATCH viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87071 =+= THE DECLINE viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87127 =+= NEW STATIONS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87191=+= DISTANT SIGNALS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87206 =+= AUSSIE LEVEL CROSSING viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87364 =+= BROAD GAUGE FOR LOCOMOTION viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87336 =+= OMNIBUS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=88862 =

Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZYvWn ... T3EdQqUlKw
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

The latest version has a cheats menu built in, but it's a bit buggy so you might need to restore to backups. Fortunately, it creates those for you similar to OpenRCT2.

Also like OpenRCT2, you may need to enable cheats in the options menu. I can't remember if I had to.

Return to “General Locomotion”