NEW SCREENS!

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

NEW SCREENS!

Post by Born Acorn »

Here they are!

also!

Designed and developed by the creator of the best-selling RollerCoaster Tycoon® series, Chris Sawyer’s Locomotion challenges you to build and operate a money-making transport network by linking passengers and cargo to their destinations. As the spiritual successor to his original 1994 masterpiece Transport Tycoon, this latest strategy offering from Chris Sawyer continues his tradition of putting the fun in the world-watching as well as in the creation. Fans of RollerCoaster Tycoon will immediately recognize Chris Sawyer’s well-known interface, addictive gameplay, and pioneering style as he brings a world of moving trains, trucks, buses, ships, and aircraft to life.

Put together a profitable company by constructing transportation routes between growing cities and their industries. Race against other companies to make the most lucrative connections and rake in the cash. Or just sit back and enjoy the detailed world in action as you build and play with moving vehicles such as trains, buses, ships, and aircraft. Chris Sawyer’s Locomotion introduces you to a developing world of burgeoning businesses with all the addictiveness that millions of RollerCoaster Tycoon fans have grown to love.

Game Features:

Construct a variety of vehicles: trains, buses, trams, trucks, aircraft and ships
Discover time periods from 1900 to 2000, with appropriate vehicle types, buildings, industries, and background music
Connect roads and tracks with an easy-to-use interface familiar to any RollerCoaster Tycoon fan
Explore giant, amazingly detailed worlds
Compete against up to 14 other simulated transport companies
Challenge a friend with head-to-head multiplayer
Build your transportation empire in three different areas of the world – North American, British, and Alpine.
Delve into over 40 pre-designed scenarios, or randomly generate your own unique scenarios
Attachments
Screenshot4.jpg
Screenshot4.jpg (438.24 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
locoscr1.jpg
locoscr1.jpg (427.28 KiB) Viewed 2957 times
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Disadvantages:
- verticall tracks very big
- roads only in 4 directions
- tracks still not realisitc (look still rather rollercoaster)
- trams turning at the end of road too small in my opionion
- supports not realistic, especially those rock one (who seen supports everywhere)
- only 1 platfomr stations currently
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

At least there is what looks like a pacific in it.

a british climate, and N america and also alpine?

I suppose aline is alps, cos wev'e seen the crododil :wink:

Tram turning are very tight, its why they don't use standard 23 m long carriages for them!
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Aw, no more toyland.... :cry:

:p
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I dunno about these. They look nice, but the trains look very RCTish, and they look like all the trains have to be on raised tracks. Looks nice, but not very realistic.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Patchman wrote:Aw, no more toyland.... :cry:

:p
if you ask me .. it looks already nearly like toyland :lol:
jake
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jake »

They posted 6 new screens here.
Edit: Actually only 3 new ones. Is it just me or do the railroad tracks look very simmilar to that in rollercoaster tycoon? The elevated tracks makes it look stupid.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I have yet to see the ability to build realistic railways and netowrks, which is dissapointing to say the least.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Bart
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bart »

Raichase wrote:I have yet to see the ability to build realistic railways and netowrks, which is dissapointing to say the least.
Yeah, that's one of TTD's key features.

I still find the graphics very disappointing. I can hardly see these trains (and I doubt it's the JPEG compression quality)...
[url=CALLTO://Sgreehder]Image[/url]
JamesM
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JamesM »

I can see evidence of AI stupidity. In the screenshot of Shoretown, you can see the road the maroon/red player has made going up the hill..The road is going up the hill, then turns left goes under the railway, goes up the hill a bit more then goes back under the railway then up the hill again. It should have just gone in a straight line up over the hill?
Petaja
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Petaja »

It looks more like SC3000.

Sure I'm happy to get new TT-like game, but what is the meaning of it if it's not better looking and more realistic than other?

First thing to Chris Sawyer to do is to hire Michael Blunck for graphics. I think that best results would come by making co-operation with the people who visit this site, 'cause there is the strong potential to tell what would be nice and what's not!
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Ok, here is my list:

+ -
* = neutral

* The RCT like Railroads, if we have access to the fileformat, we can change it with A LOT work :wink:

- Diagonal tracks need a lot space
- Bridge construction, seems Chris Sawyer has a lot problems with it when you look at the screenshots. (the red other bridge parts)
Because he uses the RCT engine I would like more the automatic pillar generation as with rollercosters then doing it with "Landblocks", makes it less blockisch...

+ we get trams + nice overhead wires :)
+ we can combinate stations as we did in TT

- Station Platforms, looks like we can only build 1 platform, stations can be build side by side, I guess there is no way we can build big stations as in TTD :?

+ nice trees
+ animals?!?

+ higher bridges , but we already have that in TTDPatch now :wink:

- no ships as I haven't seen some yet.
* the foundations really don't fit... (again, if we have our hands on the fileformat this should be changeable...)

Hey Chris, send us a demo Version, I want to play with it, even when I need a debuger to access functions :)
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Roman
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Roman »

Hm, I really like Limover, but don't you think the (quite good-looking) trees are way too big? That already disturbed me in RCT.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Lord wrote:but don't you think the (quite good-looking) trees are way too big? That already disturbed me in RCT.
These trees are big, but that's realistic.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I never doubt in CS skills ... but please if you read it Chris ... hear us and our suggestions ... it can only make the game better ...

I think if you are not going to make very HUGE changes in RCT code the game won't be good
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

I certainly hope that we don't have to build the tracks as we did in RCT... That was good for roller-coasters, but not for railways! Hopefully only for bridges and such.
ImageImage
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

i cant access the screenshots, blocked because of violence :(

from what ive seen can you only build elevated railways?
JamesM
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JamesM »

Far too many assumptions are being made here.

No ships because you haven't seen any yet? Look at the icon at the top that resembles a dock.....

Looks like we can only build 1 platform....Basing this on what? 6 screenshots? Using this logic, it looks like trains don't have a destination..I haven't seen 2 stations connected to eachother, Have you? That must mean it isn't possible.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

JamesF:

It's the RCT engine, we can see two stations with different player next to each other. How you think should we able to build a next one?
And I didn't say it's not possible. "It seems...", "I guess"

Remove the comment about ships, that was a mistake, but we haven't seen them yet. Only the icon for it...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

eis_os wrote:- Bridge construction, seems Chris Sawyer has a lot problems with it when you look at the screenshots. (the red other bridge parts)
I was just looking at those - I think they are coloured according to the company colour. Then I thought "that's something missing" - how do you tell one company's track from another's? There ain't no coloured fences.
You're saying I'm a Dominion spy, and don't even know it! - Dr. Bashir
That's the Joker in my avatar, not me. No wait it is me.

Return to “General Locomotion”