How do I make trains faster in diagonal track?

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

SombreDolphin93
Engineer
Engineer

How do I make trains faster in diagonal track?

Post by SombreDolphin93 »

I need to know how to make trains faster in diagonal track, specifically the APT, and pretty soon the ElectraStar. For some reason the APT only goes up to 75 MPH in the diagonal track, but it's straight track... so I don't understand that.
SombreDolphin93
Engineer
Engineer

Re: How do I make trains faster in diagonal track?

Post by SombreDolphin93 »

Well after running an experiment with the many millions of dollars I have, I have found out that, you need the cage type bridge, apparently having your track with land right up under it doesn't help.
SD40-2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SD40-2 »

Sorry, but the way the game is set up, diagonal track is treated the same as large radius curved track with regards to speed. Don't as me why, but that's the way it is.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

If we're bumping this topic, here's my two cents.

It shouldn't be limited to 75mph on diagonal track. The regular speed limit set on diagonals, however, is the same as that of the wide curves (as stated above) which is 101mph. It's a bit more for the APT due to its tilting properties, though I don't know how much more.

Also based off of the way you fixed the problem, you went about it the wrong way. It sounds to me like you had a bridge and you lifted the land up to meet the track in order to get rid of the bridge. That doesn't work; you need to fully delete the track and rebuild it on solid ground otherwise it will retain the properties of the bridge.

Return to “General Locomotion”