Find Multi-player Partners Here [MP Setup Tutorial Too]

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

ClueScroll
Engineer
Engineer

Find Multi-player Partners Here [MP Setup Tutorial Too]

Post by ClueScroll »

After searching nearly everywhere, it is apparent that there is no one to play online MP with. If anyone is interested in starting up an active multiplayer group, then post here. Perhaps we can start some sort of Idle Chatbox that people searching for MP matches can wait in, you can post in this thread saying you are online and able to play for x number of minutes/hours and wait for a reply, or you can post and when people see you are online in the forums they can send you a message to see if you want to play. Also try joining the 'Locomotion' private match on tunngle and somebody might be waiting for people to join. Post away so we can start connecting and get MP matches going. If Locomotion becomes semi-regularly used on Tunngle, we can get a dedicated category for it.

Tunggle enables you to connect to up to 32 players for free. Currently, they do not offer a dedicated category for Locomotion, but you can still use it to play MP by making a Private Network. If enough people start using Tunngle to play Locomotion, then I can request they add a category and then we would be able to play online MP loco without needing to make private matches. This could not only bring new players to Locomotion, but also start up a competitive MP community that would bring locomotion off of the dusty shelf.

Before attempting this tutorial, know that all players must have the same mods. If you are playing a custom scenario, you will also both need it.
Untested MultiPlayer Tutorial
To play long distance:
The Tunngle Method
1. Search for and download Tungle
2. Install Tungle and allow all the prompts
3. Register an account on Tunngle
4. Login to Tunngle on your computer
5. It will connect your network with Tunngle so you can connect to other players
FOR HOSTS
6. While logged into Tunggle hover over Private Networks and then click on Create
7. You are now going to create a Locomotion Room for players to connect to
8. Fill out the 'Manage Your Own Network' box like so:
Network Type: Basic
Network Name: Locomotion (Or some variant that is searchable)
Network Password Leave this blank
Network Range: 192.168.1.x
(Big Text Box) Type: Locomotion Game
Click create
Make sure you give your joiners the Network Name & password, if any.
Also give them your virtual IP address that they will use to connect to you in the Locomotion game window -- the virtual Ip is at the bottom left of your tunngle window - in the image I blacked mine out by accident.

FOR JOINERS
6. While logged into Tunggle hover over Private Networks and then click on Join
7. IGNORE THE FIRST 'MANAGE YOUR OWN NETWORK BOX' we are working in the 'JOIN AN EXISTING NETWORK' field
8. Fillout the 'Join an Existing Network Field':
Network Type: Basic
Network Name: Locomotion (Make sure you get the real name from your host)
Password: none (unless specified by your host)
Click Join

Continued...
Now you are connected with your partner and should see their name in the window on the right.
Go ahead and relaunch Locomotion and designate yourself as the host/joiner
If you are joining then type in your partners virtual IP address that is listed at the bottom left of HIS Tunngle window
You should be able to play... If not, then It may be an issue with the host needing to port forward his router, or I did something wrong in the tutorial as I haven't tested this yet.
Check this too hosts: http://www.tunngle.net/wiki/Port_Forwar ... Forward.3F
Last edited by ClueScroll on 11 Feb 2015 00:54, edited 3 times in total.
ClueScroll
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Find Multi-player Partners Here [MP Setup Tutorial Too]

Post by ClueScroll »

I will be online for the next 3-4 hours, if anyone wants to play.
I have a match named Locomotion opened up waiting.
Manuel18
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Manuel18 »

Thanks dude! i will try with a friend
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198029896773]Image[/url]
OpenRailer90
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by OpenRailer90 »

Although I don't have the Steam version, I would love it if the multiplayer search there is done through the steam cloud, although non Steam users can receive an update, and possibly play on a 1920x1080 monitor.
madi107
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madi107 »

i have one open i game ranger if any onw is willing to play ihave till 3 am or 6 hours forum is the room
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I definitely would but my computer has been rejecting Lomo for about 6 months...
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Zakos wrote:I definitely would but my computer has been rejecting Lomo for about 6 months...
Then your computer must be sick...maybe the flu ? It is after all November again :mrgreen: :roll:
DDarien
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DDarien »

people still play multiplayer

Return to “General Locomotion”