Moderator: Locomotion Moderators
Tunggle enables you to connect to up to 32 players for free. Currently, they do not offer a dedicated category for Locomotion, but you can still use it to play MP by making a Private Network. If enough people start using Tunngle to play Locomotion, then I can request they add a category and then we would be able to play online MP loco without needing to make private matches. This could not only bring new players to Locomotion, but also start up a competitive MP community that would bring locomotion off of the dusty shelf.
Before attempting this tutorial, know that all players must have the same mods. If you are playing a custom scenario, you will also both need it.
Untested MultiPlayer Tutorial
To play long distance:
The Tunngle Method
1. Search for and download Tungle
2. Install Tungle and allow all the prompts
3. Register an account on Tunngle
4. Login to Tunngle on your computer
5. It will connect your network with Tunngle so you can connect to other players
6. While logged into Tunggle hover over Private Networks and then click on Create
7. You are now going to create a Locomotion Room for players to connect to
8. Fill out the 'Manage Your Own Network' box like so:
Network Type: Basic
Network Name: Locomotion (Or some variant that is searchable)
Network Password Leave this blank
Network Range: 192.168.1.x
(Big Text Box) Type: Locomotion Game
Make sure you give your joiners the Network Name & password, if any.
Also give them your virtual IP address that they will use to connect to you in the Locomotion game window -- the virtual Ip is at the bottom left of your tunngle window - in the image I blacked mine out by accident.
6. While logged into Tunggle hover over Private Networks and then click on Join
7. IGNORE THE FIRST 'MANAGE YOUR OWN NETWORK BOX' we are working in the 'JOIN AN EXISTING NETWORK' field
8. Fillout the 'Join an Existing Network Field':
Network Type: Basic
Network Name: Locomotion (Make sure you get the real name from your host)
Password: none (unless specified by your host)
Now you are connected with your partner and should see their name in the window on the right.
Go ahead and relaunch Locomotion and designate yourself as the host/joiner
If you are joining then type in your partners virtual IP address that is listed at the bottom left of HIS Tunngle window
You should be able to play... If not, then It may be an issue with the host needing to port forward his router, or I did something wrong in the tutorial as I haven't tested this yet.
Check this too hosts: http://www.tunngle.net/wiki/Port_Forwar ... Forward.3F
I have a match named Locomotion opened up waiting.
- Traffic Manager
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 23 May 2011 15:31
- Skype: mejias.manuel36
- Location: Caracas, Venezuela
- Emperor Darth Sidious
- Posts: 1097
- Joined: 07 May 2006 20:22
- Location: Landgraaf, the Netherlands
Then your computer must be sick...maybe the flu ? It is after all November againZakos wrote:I definitely would but my computer has been rejecting Lomo for about 6 months...
:: Emperor' Screenshots :: Problem with Bridges :: The Long Station Patch :: Help with Opie's Dutch Stations :: The Serpent "Mod-Free" :: The Empty Region :: The City Oilwell :: The City Flourmill :: The Food-Mod :: The Valuables-Mod V4.0 :: A "One-Sided Station" :: Standard vehicles for Plastikman's Automod :: Maximum production from industries :: Tutorial to change tracks for trams and trains :: My own vehicle creation thread ::
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests