Scenario Editor

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

BigVern
Engineer
Engineer

Scenario Editor

Post by BigVern »

This may be jumping ahead a bit, but I assume the new game will ship with a scenario/map editor. I wonder if this could support real world data, specifically DEM (Digital Elevation Data) which a lot of us doing routes for MSTS have found useful. Even just the ability to import greyscale would help in getting accurate maps.

I can already visualise setting up the Denver & Rio Grande with numerous coal trains coming down through Moffat Tunnel to service power stations in the Denver area.

Or closer to home, the South Wales Valleys, with double headed Class 37's pounding everywhere.
Chief Track Welder
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

ahhhh it BigVern! the railway knowledge king! from tyhe railway community and TG froums! :shock:

it will have a screnario editor, or will be highly likely, because all RCT games and TT has.

Also which strategy game doesn't have map editors these days? :wink:

are you from wales too? :P
BigVern
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BigVern »

No only live in Wales due to being moved to Cardiff! From Tyneside (Newcastle) originally.
Chief Track Welder
spysammo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spysammo »

CALM DOWN EVERYBODY: why make the rio grande? use a proper train sim for that http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/default.htm remember, this is still an ISOMETRIC game. and as much as i am looking forward to locomotion, the graphics are still a little bit dissapointing. But i'll still be at the head of the queue at GAME.....
there is always a little more toothpaste left in the tube. think about it.
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

At the moment I just hope it will be possible to have several trains on one route... Because if not, your vision of those coal trains will have a LOT of parallel tracks indeed...

Return to “General Locomotion”