'Locomotion' Follow up to TT

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Born Acorn wrote:thats because the scale of of RCT was modified from when the game was supposed to be TT2. As a result the railway became the miniature railway, the last remnant of TT2 in the game :cry:
Actually I have seen rollercoasters with TT trains on them. So I think TTD is in more places than you think! :)
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Weird Dragon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Weird Dragon »

Indeed it is interesting how Locomotion will be.

One of things that I like with TT is the small animated windows,
you click on a train and there you go.

This option was further developped in RCT. It is very nice.

Chris Sawyer is very good in making both an exiting game and great details like that window.

I would guess that the game play will be great in Locomotion,
even if the train lines can be a bit RCT like, but maybe it also depends on how the player utilize the options in the game.

I remember when I got my first TT I didn't like the train colours that much
because the colours seemed a bit unreal. But after getting hooked on the game it became a detail that was OK because the game is fantastic and the train colours does make sense within the reality of the game.

Anyway if Chris Sawyer is as good as he usually is I am looking forward to the release of Locomotion with great excitement.

By the way this is my first post in this forum, I just joined. Great forum.
Last edited by Weird Dragon on 04 Apr 2004 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
SGWebmaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SGWebmaster »

The one thing I hope about it is that it doesn't require 100% processor time like RCT2 does (and that's on an Athlon XP 1800+)
SGWebmaster
-/-/-/-/-/-
http://www.multibellropes.freeserve.co.uk
UD Team
-:-:-:-:-:-
Urah, hanevel, v'chinor! A-irah shahar!
-/-/-/-/-/-
Please Note: Brain Shut Down For Maintence
HOVORKA
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by HOVORKA »

Its good news!!!
But, there are not ships in pictures!
http://www.tt-league.net
New Transport tycoon instalation pack is on http://www.tt-league.net/store/prog/install.exe (12 MB - multilanguage)
Derek McD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Derek McD »

I'd say that there still will be ships in this game.

I just need to upgrade the graphics card still running a 32bit card. RCT2 runs fine on my PC and I'm using a P4 2.4Ghz 800Mhz processor on 256MB PC3200 DDR RAM.

If anything My graphics will casue me problems. Personally I found that RCT doesn't like AMD chips. It runs smoother on Intel. I don't usually only have RCT open when I'm playing it. I'm usually listing to music via WMP and my computer acts as an internet server for the other 4 computers in the house.
Derek McDonald
http://www.m4cc4s.com/
alphanumeric
Director
Director

Post by alphanumeric »

it looks ugly..

at least Jowood is putting american + euro style trains in their transport game.. will chris? no.. I still think he is a jew.. he does nothing for the TTD community.. I SPIT ON HIM just like europeans spit on americans
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

alphanumeric wrote:it looks ugly..

at least Jowood is putting american + euro style trains in their transport game.. will chris? no.. I still think he is a jew.. he does nothing for the TTD community.. I SPIT ON HIM just like europeans spit on americans
HEY!

That's uncalled for. I sincerely hope you are joking.
There's a lot about LoMo that we don't know yet, it could wind up to be very very good. The combination of trams and trains is a good start.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

alphanumeric wrote:no.. I still think he is a jew.. he does nothing for the TTD community.. I SPIT ON HIM just like europeans spit on americans
That's totaly un-called for and not in it's place, apologize :evil:
I tought you'ld be different from what I've seen from you in the american trainset
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
troopper5
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by troopper5 »

I hope it won't be too much like RCT. By now, it does look.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

ill buy it aslong he doesn't put the stupid realistic transport model in thats in Simutrans(Means that ya cant take stuff just enywhere like in TTD)
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Akalamanaia wrote:ill buy it aslong he doesn't put the stupid realistic transport model in thats in Simutrans(Means that ya cant take stuff just enywhere like in TTD)
Stupid for you , good for others, a bit more respect for the hard work perhaps
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Paranoid Android
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: lo:kay:shun - The site and/or situation of a settlement

Post by Paranoid Android »

alphanumeric wrote:it looks ugly..

You're nice. Can I be your friend?

Hey, I think I hear CombatGold's forum calling for you...
r is a c***

will frequently check credit at (moral) bank (hole in wall)
RIP THE BETA BAND 1997-2004
Transport Empire's music-er.

So now I've closed my eyes, closing seconds of our time

My music
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

:D Tombe

AlphaNummeric I have a feeling you look at Jews the same way Hitler did...
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

I think this is really great news. And by the way: don't we all know that with TTO, TTD, RCT and RCT II CS has delivered four excellent games? So what can we expect else than another excellent game?
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
Derek McD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Derek McD »

I own the complete RCT and TT Collections TT (both DOS and Windows).

I'll be getting the game. People told me that RCT2 was a waste of money but it was the one I had most fun it, unil i finished the scenarios and got sick of making coasters.

I'd like to have the ability to ride on the trains, bus, plane, etc. like RCT3 will have.

Suppose that means we can expect to see a TT3 in a few years down the track. ;)
Derek McDonald
http://www.m4cc4s.com/
dizcon
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dizcon »

alphanumeric wrote:at least Jowood is putting american + euro style trains in their transport game.. will chris? no.. I still think he is a jew.. he does nothing for the TTD community.. I SPIT ON HIM just like europeans spit on americans
Finally a post that made me laugh. Chris is a weird guy, sure. Doesn't mean he hates Americans or that you should spit on him. :D
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

spaceman-spiff wrote:
Akalamanaia wrote:ill buy it aslong he doesn't put the stupid realistic transport model in thats in Simutrans(Means that ya cant take stuff just enywhere like in TTD)
Stupid for you , good for others, a bit more respect for the hard work perhaps
It'd be a LOT better game if the passengers, at least, had destinations, although not the freight.

I don't quite know why the flamewar started but it needs to stop. I don't suppose a mod could delete all relevant posts?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

it would be better if primary goods would sell to everyone however.

i know i would if there was a company willing to take it there
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

I have a feeling it won't be as good as TTD+Patch. Don't ask me why, it's just a feeling. Maybe it's the "will be simpler" thing CS said. If I can't make presignals and complicated junctions it won't be TT, and that's exactly what "will be simple" suggests.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

G4S wrote:I have a feeling it won't be as good as TTD+Patch. Don't ask me why, it's just a feeling. Maybe it's the "will be simpler" thing CS said. If I can't make presignals and complicated junctions it won't be TT, and that's exactly what "will be simple" suggests.
In TTDX, its quite hard to make a effective rail network ,cause ya cannot build bridges over bridges nor higher than 1 square, in Locomotion ya can do that, wich means it is simpler to do your transport network. I think he means, all the improviments he has added such as building on coasts, slopes and higher bridges make the game easier,thus simpler to play.

Return to “General Locomotion”