Emperor' Screenshots

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Emperor' Screenshots

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Hahahahaha, you're right about that...and still you managed to reach over 3000 posts in less then 4 years. I came here on the forums in 2006 and I just reach over a 1000 posts. Perhaps you are also active in openTTD-forums ? I don't play that game because I don't like the trains and tracks in that game, although I grew up with Transport Tycoon and Transport Tycoon Deluxe...but then again, it was all we had back in '99 :mrgreen:

After Locomotion came out I sticked to that...
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I do reply to about 50% of topics in the Locomotion section, plus I've spent loads of time in Forum Games. Especially the Nations Game. Good old Nations Game.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

I'm a little bit further now...Although there are still 'only' 22 trains running around I'm getting closer to the challenge of producing automobiles...

At North Glenworth mines (city-buildings) a train is leaving wich can load iron ore, coal and chemicals. All the cargo's needed to produce rolled steel and aluminium at the steelmill. It's much more easy to deliver al the needed goods at once, although it will need 50 tile stations to make a quick load. So far three trains are leaving from here...

...the train then heads to Twinsburg mines (city-buildings) where coal is picked up. It will then journey the entire Serpent to the other side of the map where it can finally load chemicals at Orange chemical plant...

...when it arrives here, chemicals are loaded and then the train sets of to finally go to Orange Steelmill. Three cargo's in one train are delivered there.

Here at the steelmill everything is delivered.

Now that rolled steel and aluminium is produced, I can start with the production of tires for the cars. A train with three cargo's (rubber, rolled steel and oil) will go the the tire-factory in Laysville to deliver the needed cargo's there. It starts with the load of rubber, then goes to the steelmill and then finally to an oilwell where oil is loaded.

Here at the Orange Rubber Factory the train makes it first stop to load 400 tons of rubber, it then goes to the steelmill to load rolled steel (previous screenshot) and then continues to the Laysville Oilwell to load oil. The Big Boy locomotive on the other platform loads scrap metal and scrap automobiles and delivers them to the scrapyard next to the steelmill so even more (recycled) aluminium and rolled steel is produced out of that scrapmetal.

Anyway, here's the Laysville oilwell (also made out of citybuildings). There are six platforms (30-tiles) above ground and three platforms (50 tiles) under ground. The trains with rubber and rolled steel load up the oil in the underground platform and then head to the tire-factory in Laysville.

Here's where all of these cargo's are delivered. Now that tires are being produced, I need to focus on autoparts. For the autoparts to be produced, I need rubber, plastic pellets and aluminium. After that it is on to deliver these autoparts (together with the tires and electric equipment) to the carfactory to start producing automobiles...

I still have a long way to go, but that's the fun with NAM...A lot of work before I will be able to reach even a fraction of my final goal. I keep you people posted :mrgreen: !
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

A new day, a new set of screenshots...

I finally managed to produce and deliver the first automobiles:

Now that tires, plastic pellets, rolled steel, aluminium, chemicals and rubber is produced it's time to focus on the car-parts and the electric equipment.

At the start of this scenario I already told that I would need a lot of chemicals and/or plastic pellets. The car-partfactory needs aluminium, rubber and plastic pellets. The factory where electric equipment is produced needs plastic pellets, rubber and chemicals and the tire-factory needs oil, rubber and rolled steel. Therefore a lot is happening at the chemical-plant near Twinsburg...

Also very busy at the steelmill. Aluminium and rolled steel is picked up, as scrap, scrapautomobiles, iron ore, coal and chemicals are delivered here.

North Glenworth Car-Part factory, first delivery of aluminium, rubber and plastic pellets. The first car-parts are produced...

At around the same time, the first electric equipment (and goods) are produced at the Twinsburg factory. The first aluminium, plastic pellets and chemicals are delivered. The first train with carparts and tires is being loaded with electric equipment.

Now that all parts for the automobiles are produced it's time to deliver them at the Twinsburg carfactory...

The first train with all of the parts arrives at the carfactory in Westfield. Carparts, electric equipment and tires are delivered and automobiles are produced...

...and delivered at the cardealers in Orange. Now I can start working on my final goal: Deliver 100.000 automobiles. So far I'm at 1% :] :mrgreen:

I can also focus now on the other cargo's that must be delivered like passengers, mail, goods, food, lumber and paper ;(

Still a long way to go on this scenario...

Keep you posted :wink:
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Hey that look very fine, good to see that building i specialy made for you keep them comming those screenies
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thnxsss Zimmlock :mrgreen:

I guess you mean those green and brown buildings at the scrap-yards. You made the latex-plantage as well for me remember ? It was all made for NAM, wich was (and still is) a great mod to play around with. Yeah...after all these years they still look nice. I remember it also took me hours to re-color it from green to brown. One of the few things that I did myself after your endless lessons on how to do that...It was re-colored pixel by pixel, but I don't know anymore how to do that.

Maybe it can be used for another mod as well ? I will keep the screens posted and I'm also trying to do something with the Soldier Summit at the moment...But first things first, I must reach the goal here to deliver 100.000 automobiles :O :wink:

I keep a low profile at the moment as the people who really know me understand...

So new screens will be posted soon...At the moment I'm just goofing around :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Clemo56
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Clemo56 »

I can't see a single one of your screenshots? All i see is this:

Everyone elses screenshots show up fine this is weird...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.72 KiB) Viewed 8946 times
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

You're the first who can not see the images. Therefore, rather, your browser will not be properly installed or adjusted.
What do you use for a browser?
Did you at other images in PNG format this problem?
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thanks for that reply Walter, good to see that you are still around as one of the few :mrgreen:

I'm at 96% in the challenge to deliver 100.000 automobiles, and it cost me 200 years in the game to get it done with NAM.

Now, I'm trying another challenge on Soldier Summit with NAM and part of the food-mod. Since the challenge on the Serpent took me 200 years, I will now make the goal to deliver 25.000 automobiles. In this scenario I would like to use as much engines that where used on the real Summit just as Zimmlock and Plastikman did in their videos on youtube here:

Zimmlock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCCDbsnhSOU
Plastikman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDckuTn88tE

Unfortunatly I'm not able at this time to record some videos. I can't get it done with Hypercam, Bandicam or FRAPS ?( All I get to see is videos that have black screens and that is really frustrating, because these are nice scenarios to make videos for. If somebody is been able to help me with that...Thanks ! :lol: )

Here are the first screenshots:

It costed me a lot of starting-money and a big loan to start this up...payment for livestock and manure is also not very high but it worked and in the end I could finally pay off my loan and started to earn some money. I was almost bankrupt at some point...Here are my first two trains, one with livestock to the food-factory and one with manure for the wheat-farm so it will produce grain and grapes.

Manure is delivered here. Now that grain and grapes are produced I could start to haul the cargo on a small scale to the food-factory.

The food-factory and the electric equipment-factory where a lot of cargo's must be delivered later in the game...It will probably be a centerpoint when it has reached it's full potential :P

First food delivered in Provo with trucks, finally income is starting to get steady...

With my new mod oil is produced on a much larger scale, but I don't have enough money yet to buy a lot of trains. So three of them was all that I could affort with a second loan, some saving and waiting. I will later build another oilwell here if income is steady.

First oil delivered at Helper Chemical&Plastic Works. The Big Boy needed some extra power to make a steady climb on the mountains...

After 15 years have passed by I finally don't have to worry about income anymore. My second loan is paid back and the oilwells have been expanded with an extra well and at this moment the station is being served by 12 trains that deliver the oil at Helper. So I can finally start off with a line on the complete Summit...

The first stop for the 12 trains that will haul coal, iron ore and chemicals, Soldier iron ore mines. It is too bad that I don't have cars that can haul iron ore only. The trains start here to load 300 tons of iron ore, they then go back to Price where they load up 300 tons of coal before finally traveling to Helper where they can load 400 tons of chemicals making these trains quite long. With some 30 cars behind the multiple engines they must climb the Summit.

The large coalmine-station at Price where all of the coal/iron ore/chemical-trains make their second stop and can load up their coal. It's not operational yet on this screen, but it took almost an hour to build this large station. Mine-carts also need to be build here...

The Chemical&Plastic station is finally expanded. The 12 trains with oil deliver it at the most left platform. The other two will be needed for the loading of chemicals and plastic that need to be delivered at the Rubberplant and the Steelmill in Provo. The rubberplant needs latex and chemicals, and the steelmill needs chemicals, iron ore and coal. So these two platforms on the right are both 50 tiles long...This is where the coal/iron ore/chemical trains make their last stop before finally heading off to the Provo Steelmill on the other side of Soldier Summit. The trucks that can be seen deliver chemicals to the chemical-works on the right. It is part of the food-mod and produces fertilizer out of chemicals, manure and/or forage wich can be delivered at the grain/grapes farms.

Finally after the first 40 years in the game have passed, the first aluminium and rolled steel can be produced after the first coal, iron ore and chemicals are delivered at the Provo Steelmill. More screens will follow as I get along with the work...Another platform will be build on the left side of the steelmill for the distribution of the aluminium and rolled steel to the tire-factory, the electric equipment-factory and the carparts-factory. So be sure to come back for the next set of screens :lol:

Regards,

Erik
CPCNMAN007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by CPCNMAN007 »

Where do I find the American truck mod?
Where do I find the mod for new station buildings?

Send me the link, if necessary.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

The truck mod is made by tattoo can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=57374 In his signature you can also find EU trucks.

The new stations can be found on the German locomotion website here:

http://www.wisim-welt.de/filebase/index ... -stations/

If you need information about using these stations please read my topic in my signature: "Problem with Bridges". If you read this you can find the answer...I'm not that active anymore with locomotion, so the next time that I reply can take some time...Please try to use the search on the forums here a little more. The things that you were lookin for could easy be found via that way.

Good luck anyway !

Return to “General Locomotion”