Locomotion Videos Using Hypercam

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Locomotion Videos Using Hypercam

Post by Zakos »

I've looked through all of the searches containing 'hypercam,' yet no one seems to have had this problem.

Whether I start Hypercam before or after Locomotion, as soon as the game is open it only registers my cursor movements on an otherwise black screen. While I'm playing the game, though, I can still see everything just fine.

I'm guessing that I have to specifically select the Loco window while it's running, but how do I do that?
Acela Wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Locomotion Videos Using Hypercam

Post by Acela Wolf »

I don't know if this is any help, but when I was new to Locomotion (about 1 year ago) I tried to take a screenshot using the printscreen button on the keyboard, then paste it into a text document, the same thing happens.
Signatures are overrated.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

LocoRoller wrote:I've looked through all of the searches containing 'hypercam,' yet no one seems to have had this problem.

Whether I start Hypercam before or after Locomotion, as soon as the game is open it only registers my cursor movements on an otherwise black screen. While I'm playing the game, though, I can still see everything just fine.

I'm guessing that I have to specifically select the Loco window while it's running, but how do I do that?
I have the same problem using Windows 7.

Can someone explain us how to screencast Locomotion videos? :bow:
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Well there are several relevant topics, but none of them explain how to select the locomotion window itself
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Now thats wierd, i did all my vids with hypercam, OS win7, first open hypercam then locomotion, if you do it reversed you probably ll have a black screen, the screen size settings in hypercam have to be the same as what you have set in locomotion, NOT the size of your monitor. then set a hot key to start and stop capturing. To capture the sound of the game you can best set the recording device of your PC to stereo mix, unless you want to talk in your vids Now go to locomotion open the game you want to capture and hit your hot key and to stop recording hit it again.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

It does the same thing whether or not I use the hotkey (F2 at the moment) to start it.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Zimmlock wrote:Now thats wierd, i did all my vids with hypercam, OS win7, first open hypercam then locomotion, if you do it reversed you probably ll have a black screen, the screen size settings in hypercam have to be the same as what you have set in locomotion, NOT the size of your monitor. then set a hot key to start and stop capturing. To capture the sound of the game you can best set the recording device of your PC to stereo mix, unless you want to talk in your vids Now go to locomotion open the game you want to capture and hit your hot key and to stop recording hit it again.
Thanks!!!! It works for me! :D
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Zimmlock gave me instructions on how to use Hypercam awhile ago. I use Win XP Home edition, and I followed his intructions to the letter. It works perfectly.

Thanks once again Zimmlock.

Hope this helps,

Greyfox.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

LocoRoller wrote:It does the same thing whether or not I use the hotkey (F2 at the moment) to start it.
Then i dont know what goes wrong, but i think its a issue in your pc, not locomotion or hypercam.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Zimmlock wrote:Then i dont know what goes wrong, but i think its a issue in your pc, not locomotion or hypercam.
One of many...
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

It's strange...I use Hypercam 4 at the moment. I selected a hotkey to start and stop recording (and I made sure it wasn't a key wich Locomotion has already selected as a short-key), but I can only start up Hypercam in Windows, not in the game. Does anybody know how to start Hypercam recording in Windows 7 when the game is already running ?

I don't have a clue... ?(

Edit: Now I have it running, but the same problem as Zakos...A black screen when playing the video after the recording :x

Return to “General Locomotion”