British Themed Screenshots

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: British Themed Screenshots

Post by Badger »

Nice touch!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Indeed, that first shot looks great!
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Did you plant all those trees by yourself?! I seriously hate how locomotion gets rid of trees at some point and no new ones appear, that's not how nature works!
dedmicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dedmicz »

Thanks Badger and LocoRoller. Planting all those trees wasn't in vain. :D

Irmo, I was doing that for a while, then I recalled that I could use Auto Pause's Auto Click key and it was 10 times faster.

Added airport link, here's the pic.
Attachments
Croydon's Airport located near Little Pebblewood. It's connected with Croydon's main train stations, as you can see in the picture train is entering tunnel to Airport Train Station..PNG
(314.75 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
DJC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJC »

^Like the tunnel entrance a lot! Very creative use of road bridges.
Things I've made for Locomotion:
Scenarios: East Anglia | Trans Oceanic | Scotland | Narrow Gauge Nuts
Locomotives: (REL) BR 0-6-0 J94 | (REL) UK Steam Pack

My Flickr
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I like what you did, with the rough road as a tunnel :)

Does that train unload underneath the airport?
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

same here, nice tunnel entrance
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
dedmicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dedmicz »

Thanks A LOT guys. Looked through screenshots threads and was suprised nobody used it yet. It will look even better without that walls. Just have to allow rough roads too cross.

@LocoRoller
It does. There are few buildings in the area of airport.

Im on the road now and don't have LoMo here soI will post more screens once I'm back.

Cheers.
dedmicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dedmicz »

Here are promised screens.

Enjoy.
Attachments
Airport Branch with stop near Headingway.PNG
(326.56 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Airport Branch near Crowfield.PNG
(293.31 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Tinstoke - Flagham part of line to Dinton is now single track as traffic is pretty low..PNG
(422.99 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
dedmicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dedmicz »

I decided that such a big city deserves integrated transportation system including Metro Rail, Trams, Buses, Underground and Rail. Metro Rail and Underground already exist, so I started creating Tram service system. I will add buses later.
Attachments
St. Matthew's Park at peak time.PNG
(435.38 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Tram service has been added. There are two lines starting here, to Dinton and Steel Mill..PNG
(511.52 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Part of Tram Line 1 to Dinton.PNG
(421.07 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Looks like you need more BR stock, and I am working on it, although 5 KB download isn't fun :P.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
dedmicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dedmicz »

Hi there. Not really much time to play. Sad to see nobody posting screens anymore, to change it I will provide you movie showing off one of my route.

Trains mostly use East Mainline, however right after Crowfield it splits and train use recently built branch line to airport.

Here's the movie:
chrissykes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrissykes »

Its a bit quite here so i have some junctions from my latest game, its again a passenger/mail only map.

The first is a busy Pebblehattan Junction, this was initially a Y junction, the lines from right to left were added to allow trains to run in either direction on the main line...
Pebblehattan Junction.JPG
Pebblehattan Junction.JPG (672.82 KiB) Viewed 21684 times
The next is Smallley Junction, which is the just to the bottom left of the above shot, this junction allows the trains to run on the line top right which is the loop line to the right of the above shot.
Smallley Junction.JPG
Smallley Junction.JPG (672.14 KiB) Viewed 21684 times
A busy Dartworth Junction, there is a DMU waiting at the signal to cross over from the Main to the local line on the right. The Diesel is comming from a terminus to the left and joining the main line.
Dartworth Junction.JPG
Dartworth Junction.JPG (677.35 KiB) Viewed 21684 times
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

chrissykes wrote:Its a bit quite here so i have some junctions from my latest game, its again a passenger/mail only map.

The first is a busy Pebblehattan Junction, this was initially a Y junction, the lines from right to left were added to allow trains to run in either direction on the main line...
Pebblehattan Junction.JPG
The next is Smallley Junction, which is the just to the bottom left of the above shot, this junction allows the trains to run on the line top right which is the loop line to the right of the above shot.
Smallley Junction.JPG
A busy Dartworth Junction, there is a DMU waiting at the signal to cross over from the Main to the local line on the right. The Diesel is comming from a terminus to the left and joining the main line.
Dartworth Junction.JPG
Nice but personally I'd use grade separation with dive unders and fly overs to cut out the junction conflicts and speed up the train services through there by removing the need to wait at signals for the train to cross in front of them
chrissykes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrissykes »

I have flyovers on the high speed routes however these are made in tight spaces that mean flat juntions, the only issue i have is with Dartworth Junction, it can jam up as trains are shorter than the signal distances... The other two junctions work quite well to be honist.
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

May as well make a return on here.....

This route revolved around this station, it was purely for realism and it was a long time ago that I made, and lost it, hence the obviously cheated money :lol:

Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Harbon 1, I really like the clean simplicity of those screens. I'll even overlook some slightly dodgy point work! It even makes me wanna play LoMo again!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

Badger wrote:Harbon 1, I really like the clean simplicity of those screens. I'll even overlook some slightly dodgy point work! It even makes me wanna play LoMo again!
Thank you, and well, semaphore junctions were never exactly simple!

Its a shame MjD didn't go anywhere with his distant signals, they would be perfect for British scenarios, and someone that has OCD for realism like me :D
nothingnew
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nothingnew »

This looks mighty complicated. Though it could be quite easy in reality. Pray tell, was it a complicated build?

Return to “General Locomotion”