British Themed Screenshots

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: British Themed Screenshots

Post by Zakos »

It looks like a nightmare to build but efficient as long as there aren't many trains on it.
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

nothingnew wrote: This looks mighty complicated...
You should see the rest of my junctions ;) :lol:

As I remember it, it took a little while to get right, but as it was a dead end station with through trains reversing, all of the tracks are bi-directional coming under the bridge (inc. the nearest track which allows access to the carriage sidings which are eye candy only, including the carriages on the extreme left), and all crossovers are separated by at least one signal so it worked well even when it got busy! Its worth mentioning that two of the signal blocks are at least as long as the station platforms so that trains can sit inside them out of the way of incoming traffic.

Here, a pair of Class 20s haul a loaded MGR coal train over another lost save game viaduct, between two stations.

An express train hauled by Class 86 number 86006 ( I number my trains :lol: ) approaches Farthinghall station, passing the small loco servicing depot just outside of the station, while a pair of Class 37s thrash out of the tunnel and away from the speed restriction through the station with a fully laden grain train for the nearby food processing plant.
nothingnew
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nothingnew »

This going to sound silly, but how do you make the trains NOT stop at station? Is it made an 'express' service?
Sorry im not new to the game just new to what can be achieved...

Amazing work though.
glenjimen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by glenjimen »

nothingnew wrote:but how do you make the trains NOT stop at station? Is it made an 'express' service?
Yes, it is an express setting.
Click into a train's Route tab, the first line is --Local-- if you click on it it will change to --Express--

Now the train will only stop at stations you tell it to stop at.
Visit the Directory --> Loco-Dat-Directory
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

nothingnew wrote:This going to sound silly, but how do you make the trains NOT stop at station? Is it made an 'express' service?
Sorry im not new to the game just new to what can be achieved...

Amazing work though.
It's as glenjimen said. It's perfect for getting lots of passengers from big city to big city without wasting all the profit on smaller stops with only a few people that are on the same line. It's also perfect when you have freight mixing with passenger :)
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I honestly didn't realize its usefulness until recently. Now I use it to prevent blockage on road systems.
nothingnew
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nothingnew »

Harbon 1 wrote:
May I? I've always been facinated by complicated looking junctions.
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

Hopefully getting this thread back to life.... :P :twisted:

Getting back into Locomotion recently, so having a go at what I used to do all the time: Electric mainlines. Ignore the dates, I had a lot of money troubles :lol:

The beginnings of a mainline are taking shape in Flagham. The arrival of the railway meant destruction for the town.
-----

The new order... With station lines complete, the roof and main buildings to be constructed, with only a temporary platform in operation. At least the residents could escape the building work!

-----

With work complete, and trains finally running, the town is able to recover.
-----

A return to the town a fair few years later shows the recovery has now turned into prosperity, with the railway bringing business and passengers to the now city.
-----

The beginnings of a network - Tracks laid and trains running whilst building is still ongoing. A junction can be seen emerging as plans are made for a large triangular junction with a distant city to the south west.
-----

The complete junction. Already, plans are being made for a new station at Cairnwell.
-----

The station throat at Winkletown, with the platforms in place for Cairnwell station. Classes 85 and 86 can be seen around the station at a busy time for departures.
-----

The newly opened station at Cairnwell serves a town in a difficult place at the end of a meeting of lines.
-----
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Harbon 1 wrote:Hopefully getting this thread back to life.... :P :twisted:

Getting back into Locomotion recently, so having a go at what I used to do all the time: Electric mainlines. Ignore the dates, I had a lot of money troubles :lol:
Nice to see you back Hanlon, it's good that there are still people who play and like this game and keep the forum a little bit alive...Let me tell you this, you're not alone.

I'm not realy into that British stuff, but I like your network and you can see that some effort is put in it. Keep up the good work, and let's keep Locomotion alive :mrgreen: :bow: :bow:
chapsterGamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chapsterGamer »

Harbon 1 wrote: -----

The newly opened station at Cairnwell serves a town in a difficult place at the end of a meeting of lines.
-----
Wow, i'm impressed!
:arrow: I'm a bit weird :!:
chapsterGamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chapsterGamer »

Hope I didn't break any rules by way of bumping. Enjoy
Attachments
Class37 Intercity, 4 passenger cars long. It's in a heavily populated city, so train lovers can witness a good thrash.
Class37 Intercity, 4 passenger cars long. It's in a heavily populated city, so train lovers can witness a good thrash.
Finewell Class37.png (58.11 KiB) Viewed 24586 times
Slipton is my major city station. Served by two terminal stations. GWR going through a livery change. Class 43, 7 cars long.
Slipton is my major city station. Served by two terminal stations. GWR going through a livery change. Class 43, 7 cars long.
Slipton GWR.png (380.14 KiB) Viewed 7205 times
Intercity, GWR and XC. none of these line cross or interchange. However talks of a buyout is pending.
Intercity, GWR and XC. none of these line cross or interchange. However talks of a buyout is pending.
Crossover.png (256.56 KiB) Viewed 7205 times
:arrow: I'm a bit weird :!:
Colt_An2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Colt_An2 »

Most of the images seem to be down, do you think you can host them elsewhere or fix the links please? Thanks!
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

Colt_An2 wrote:Most of the images seem to be down, do you think you can host them elsewhere or fix the links please? Thanks!
Yeah looks like the hosting website died. I haven't touched the Lomo folder for years, so I'll re-upload them here since I can't edit the originals...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I remember it, it took a little while to get right, but as it was a dead end station with through trains reversing, all of the tracks are bi-directional coming under the bridge (inc. the nearest track which allows access to the carriage sidings which are eye candy only, including the carriages on the extreme left), and all crossovers are separated by at least one signal so it worked well even when it got busy! Its worth mentioning that two of the signal blocks are at least as long as the station platforms so that trains can sit inside them out of the way of incoming traffic.

Here, a pair of Class 20s haul a loaded MGR coal train over another lost save game viaduct, between two stations.

An express train hauled by Class 86 number 86006 ( I number my trains :lol: ) approaches Farthinghall station, passing the small loco servicing depot just outside of the station, while a pair of Class 37s thrash out of the tunnel and away from the speed restriction through the station with a fully laden grain train for the nearby food processing plant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully getting this thread back to life.... :P :twisted:

The beginnings of a mainline are taking shape in Flagham. The arrival of the railway meant destruction for the town.
-----

The new order... With station lines complete, the roof and main buildings to be constructed, with only a temporary platform in operation. At least the residents could escape the building work!
-----

With work complete, and trains finally running, the town is able to recover.
-----

A return to the town a fair few years later shows the recovery has now turned into prosperity, with the railway bringing business and passengers to the now city.
-----

The beginnings of a network - Tracks laid and trains running whilst building is still ongoing. A junction can be seen emerging as plans are made for a large triangular junction with a distant city to the south west.
-----

The complete junction. Already, plans are being made for a new station at Cairnwell.
-----

The station throat at Winkletown, with the platforms in place for Cairnwell station. Classes 85 and 86 can be seen around the station at a busy time for departures.
-----

-----
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Is this a default scenario or one you generated?
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

Zakos wrote:Is this a default scenario or one you generated?
Just one I generated specifically to have barely any towns
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

This actually gives me an idea, maybe I could make a Lake District type scenario but in the Britain setting.
Austinmario13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Austinmario13 »

I'm sorry to bump an old thread, but I was wondering if the uk steam set still exists?
griffinrails
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by griffinrails »

If you mean DJC's pack, yes. Check the Locomotion Depot.
= STEAM TRAM viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87037 =+= CITY AND COUNTRY USA viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87054 =+= MAILCAR PATCH viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87071 =+= THE DECLINE viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87127 =+= NEW STATIONS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87191=+= DISTANT SIGNALS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87206 =+= AUSSIE LEVEL CROSSING viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87364 =+= BROAD GAUGE FOR LOCOMOTION viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87336 =+= OMNIBUS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=88862 =

Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZYvWn ... T3EdQqUlKw

Return to “General Locomotion”