How Aggressive/Compeditive are you?

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

CN_Rail
Engineer
Engineer

How Aggressive/Compeditive are you?

Post by CN_Rail »

In Locomotion, the AI companies have set values for intelligence, aggressiveness and compeditiveness, with 1 being the lowest and 9 being the highest. The question here is: how aggressive and compeditive are you, on a scale from 1-10 (I didn't include intelligence here because I infer that all of you are very intelligent)?

Also I would be very happy if someone could tell me the intelligence, aggressiveness & compeditiveness values for the included AI opponents in Locomotion.
Toren Hynes
"Proudly Canadian"
If you happen to be using Trainz, you can get to me on the Trainz Discussion Forum under the username "TorenHynes"
Nathanxbox20
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: How Aggressive/Compeditive are you?

Post by Nathanxbox20 »

Aggressiveness: 8
Compeditiveness: 9
I've gone bankrupt a few times. :(
I'm not normal. Because normal is stupid. And stupid is normal.
Life has no respawns.
A Locomotion, BeamNG.drive, and OpenTTD enthusiast and amateur photographer. Also getting into model railroading.
Warrender
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Warrender »

I'd say it ranges from 7 to 9 depending on mood and the scenario.

For example, if I spot my competitor building airports in a big city I'll build a huge tram system to try and steal as much as I can and try to out perform their service. Doesn't often work I'll admit but I do get a good source of money from it.
IANF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IANF »

like the last post it depends on the map and stuff. i would say my competitiveness is higher than my aggressiveness. i stretch my income to build bigger lines but i am not constantly building. i do however try to keep companies from tapping the same resources by sitting a train car on a road crossing in order to prevent the trucks from getting through. i'm not sure where i would categorize myself though

i do know A LOT of the tips and tricks as far as being profitable so intelligence would be a 7 simply because i can't make those super complicated setups that some can
AxelP14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AxelP14 »

Inteligence : 7
Agrresiveness : 7
Competitiveness : 4

I'm not very like to steal AI's industries, also I don't like AI to steal mine
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

Intelligence: 10 (obviously) ;)
Aggressiveness: 10 - I will use other company's roads so I can save cash (when I'm playing for money) and I will place a singal wagon on a level crossing on their road, if they get in the way :D
Competitiveness: 10 - see reason above :P

Of course all of those are only if I'm playing for money, I usually just make realistic* networks :P

*as realistic as locomotion will allow :roll:

Return to “General Locomotion”