Not editing, but who's looked at the .EXE?

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

type4
Engineer
Engineer

Not editing, but who's looked at the .EXE?

Post by type4 »

We all know editing the .exe is illegal, wrong, evil and bad, and could possibly send you blind, but has anyone ever had a snoop at what lies within that mystical file? Does anyone have tales of tantalising glimpses of what Chris was up to before Atari pushed the project on?

I've read tales of AI takeover coding left unfinished, and I am sure that the ai of the trains has more than a few glitches, but what of hidden graphics and features have you found out.
I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, just find out what lies hidden behind those three little letters...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Not editing, but who's looked at the .EXE?

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Most of the time if you see those 3 letters, there is a program behind it.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
type4
Engineer
Engineer

Post by type4 »

Alright IA, don't get picky! You know what I mean
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

I think the subject has been covered often but never grouped into one topic and I presume that's the idea behind the topic. Might be a heated topic when it comes to what Chris was planning when it comes to certain areas of code. But none the less a good idea for those that want to know.
dadymax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dadymax »

I think that what Chris was planning to do he realises in his Locomotion.
But after TTD (on original logics) I could not play in Locomotion (on Roller Coaster Tycoon logics, in which I play a lot). Because of this I can not say what in Loc new versus TTD...

Return to “General Locomotion”