Valuables Mod V2 & Peninsular World Gameplay Slideshow

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Valuables Mod V2 & Peninsular World Gameplay Slideshow

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Hello people,

I'm workin on the same scenario as Drengin before releasing this mod. Here are a few of my screenshots which I like to share with you as I continue to fill up the map...Click on the image for a larger view.

Here's an overview of my map. The numbers on the map say where the screens-numbers are taken.

Point 1: The busy Silvermine is serviced by 18 trains. After loading the silver, they continue to the goldmine at point 2. The silvermine has new graphics. Look much better then the old one, thanks to Tattoo who helped me with that.

Point 2: The Goldmine is the second stop for the trains already loaded with silver. From here they go to either point 5 or 7 on the map to unload. The goldmine uses new graphics as well to match the load in the new ore-cars.

Point 3: This is where the line meet up and start their real journey to halfway or the other side of the map. All gold/silver and diamond ore trains go in that direction. The diamond ore-trains go to point 6. There's a goods-yard which has a jewelry factory as well...

Point 4: The large and busy Diamondmine. Trains will go in two directions. To point 8 which is close and to point 6 which is on the other side of the map. All of the mines are dressed up with extra buildings and minecarts with gold/silver/diamond ore loads...(Me and Tattoo are workin on it, so that there will be stock-piles of diamond-ore as well)

Point 5:The gold and silver mill on the other side of the map. Raw gold and silver is delivered here from point 1 and 2. The gold and silver bars that are produced here are delivered at the goods yard on point 6 with the armored box-cars.

Point 6: The large good-yard. Only one part is build yet. From here goods and jewelry will later be transported to all the city's on the map (containers are from the beta-containermod, not for download). A lot of trains and trucks are coming here. Waste is delivered here by truck and jewelry is delivered in the nearby town with the armored trucks.

Point 7: The gold-silver mill on the middle section of the map. Trains from point 1 and 2 deliver raw gold and silver here as well. The produced gold and silver bars are delivered at the jewelry factory on point 8 with the PRR5403 armored train-wagon.

Point 8: The jewelry factory accross the silvermine on point 1. Diamonds from point 4 and gold/silver bars from point 7 is delivered here. Lots of jewelry is produced here, which will be delivered in the towns with armored trucks and trains later on.

So far my first post of the Peninsular Map which I will include in the download together with the Valuables Mod Region and all that you see from these screens. What you see is what you get. I think that I will release the mod somewhere next week. A few small thing are still needed. Some things are changed and the test-players don't have all the results yet...

So far this update and more screens will follow... :mrgreen:

Regards,

Erik
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 24 Oct 2011 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
Zapp3d
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zapp3d »

(Man, Im jealous, In point 6 you've got the container mod. Darn!)

Anywho, back on topic, This looks like a REALLY nice scenerio. Ive been following it for a while.

I will definitely download it once it comes out :) !
IANF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IANF »

so this is probably a stupid question but why do you snake your train tracks around the penninsula rather then take a direct route
TheSpeedy09
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheSpeedy09 »

IANF wrote:so this is probably a stupid question but why do you snake your train tracks around the penninsula rather then take a direct route
At the coast there are boundary markers, so that you can`t build a direct route. Further it looks better. :wink:
IANF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IANF »

ok. that makes sense

Return to “General Locomotion”