How do people keep finding this game

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Nathanxbox20
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: How do people keep finding this game

Post by Nathanxbox20 »

I found my CD in a pile of computer stuff. It is a lot of fun. And addicting.
I'm not normal. Because normal is stupid. And stupid is normal.
Life has no respawns.
A Locomotion, BeamNG.drive, and OpenTTD enthusiast and amateur photographer. Also getting into model railroading.
MaglevNL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MaglevNL »

I found it when I was looking at Chris Sawyers wikipedia.

I played Rollercoaster Tycoon for years, and I like these kind of games like Locomotion so yeah..
Now I play it every now and then.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

This thread should be titled "How do people keep finding this thread."
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

rdrdrdrd wrote:we should change this to "how do people keep finding this topic" :P
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

My mistake :P

At least they're only 2-month bumps for the most part.
NotSoFast
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NotSoFast »

Bumpity-bump. Not really this time, but hey. I found mine at 5-below in 2005, tried it and couldn't figure it out (I was 7 and refused to use the tutorials), let it gather dust for a year, then found it. You can infer the "Hmm, what's this?" caption when my 8-year-old self found the disk in a heap. Installed it, played for a few months, found this place, joined in 2007. Eventually got myself booted out of here for being a kid, quit for a year, then got back into it last year and as a new years resolution, rejoined the forums. I'm baaaaaaack! This is why I'm familiar with most of the mods and users and where stuff is, though all these old bridges I never saw before are really throwing me for a loop. Surely they were common map dependencies in 2010?
Shadow25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shadow25 »

Matsku84 on youtube, discovered and learned it with his videos.
j7n
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j7n »

For several years I assumed that this game was 3D, with limited detail (because fewer 3D trains and objects can fit on a map) and "dumbed down". So I ignored it. But I was apparently thinking of another game. Recently I stumbled upon an opinionated comparison of this game with Railroad Tycoon, after I entered a train engine model in the web search engine. The discussion linked to a few screenshots which were immediately familiar to me, if only "colder" and slightly more silly (RCT style). I'm gonna clear my mind and give the title a shot to see how much of TTDPatch it has implemented.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Almost none, I'm afraid.
Nathanxbox20
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Nathanxbox20 »

My dad apparently bought it when it first came out, I was about 5 then. Found the CD in a box of CD's and was like "I wonder what this game is like?" I was 9 then. Been playing it ever since!
I'm not normal. Because normal is stupid. And stupid is normal.
Life has no respawns.
A Locomotion, BeamNG.drive, and OpenTTD enthusiast and amateur photographer. Also getting into model railroading.

Return to “General Locomotion”