How do people keep finding this game

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

hectobar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: How do people keep finding this game

Post by hectobar »

But it only took that long because he kept getting distracted with RCT
I'm leaning on a lamp.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

I have bought my copy of the game in 2004. I still own that same one that I bought then...Never sold it or throw it away, even my disc has no scratch on it and still looks brand new. Sometimes I put the game away to pick it up a year later or so, but I will always save my Objectdata and Data map.

So when I reïnstall the game I can play with saved games wich I haven't played in a year and I never have to download old mods or have to edit my very big TRACKST.DAT again, since it's too complicated to do it all over again.

Should my CD become so damaged that it can't be played any more I have another copy of the game. I bought that one in 2007 and it's never used, it still has the plastic over the package :D . That's my backup game CD ! I will never lose it !
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

I allways look for it but I have never seen a CD of it in the shops, i run a nonlegal copy, found and burned september 2004.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Trainman888
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trainman888 »

Even though you cant buy it in stores Atari has an internet download. Thats how I got it.
cood101
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cood101 »

Zimmlock wrote:I allways look for it but I have never seen a CD of it in the shops, i run a nonlegal copy, found and burned september 2004.
Well, that wasn't a good thing to post on here. lets hope the FBI never checks this site >_>.

I got locomotion when it first came out at my local gamestop. CD then broke in 2009 and I got 2 new CD's from Amazon. No you cannot have the extra CD.
intrested in PRR,Conrail,LV,the 70's,Chessie System,Pre-Merger Era Union Pacific... Why try to list them all?
snowbum
Engineer
Engineer

Post by snowbum »

I found it about a year ago at one of those warehouse stores that buys things from stores that burned down or went out of business. I had never heard of it before and saw the box and thought, for $5 I could give the game a try. Been hooked on it ever since, especially after I found this forum for it. Every time I go to that store I check to see if they have any more copies, none so far.
TOBY LOFTHOUSE
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TOBY LOFTHOUSE »

i found a tt deluxe disk lieing around installed it played it lovedi it got locomotion and rct seres ecause of it
I'm on a horse
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Hello RD.
I bought mine on eBay for $5, nothing wrong with it. Just a point, as for your comment, "little known game", considering the number of members on this forum I would have thought it was a very well known game. Anyway, who's arguing. BTW, thank you for your reply Re: "access violation". Is there a way of checking .DAT files??

Thank you.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

You can check your DAT.files with the Locotool. If you drop a DAT.file on Locotool then two files are created...An XML.file wich has all the codes of that DAT.file and wich you can alter, and a map with all of the PNG.files pictures in it. Via that way you can see what it looks like in the game.

Locotool can be found here on the forums, just use the search-button for that !
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Post by ostlandr »

Trainman888 wrote:Even though you cant buy it in stores Atari has an internet download. Thats how I got it.
Yeah, bought mine that way also, and burned a legal CD. Now if I can find the darn thing, I can reinstall and start playing LoMo again. Hopefully with all the new mods I never have to look at a 5,000 foot high steel mill again. :roll:
Who is John Galt?
Zues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zues »

I got mine at a book fair many years ago. then found it broken so I bought the copy off atari and still love to play it. Funnest game I have ever played.
Eldarad
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Eldarad »

I bought my copy in 2004 - I was browsing online on the Game site and bought it there and then. I don't think it was full price but it wasn't that cheap.

Unfortunately I found the game ruined by the massive population growth and so went back to TTD Patch, and then I stopped playing altogether. Now I've been drawn back by Yogscast.

Hence why I am a "new poster" despite being a member of the board for 7 years(!)
johnb10000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by johnb10000 »

I found this game on gog.com yesterday and they sell the old DOS and Windows games.

I played the first version of Transport Tycoon and spent hundreds of hours playing that game. Recently I found openTDD and have also been playing that game a lot.

I was on this forum years ago but I couldn't remember my user name.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I bought the game, and was then given a free copy by Atari's PR company because of my sites, which was nice. I haven't played the game since about 2005 though. :oops:
Pottsy
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Pottsy »

I actually found LoMo on the internet. I was searching for transport tycoon on google images and it came up with a mysterious game by Chris Sawyer.
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56094 My screenshots.
Formally know as Pottanda
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

we should change this to "how do people keep finding this topic" :P
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

thphwh
Director
Director

Post by thphwh »

This is my story:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I was browsing in a mystical shop called GAME. I wasn't looking for anything, just to get away from my evil sisters and their awful days out shopping when they dragged me along. (That's another story) Well anyway I saw this game which said Chris Sawyer's Locomotion, and I was like 'what a game by Chris Sawyer I haven't bought'. So, I got out my shiny wallet and bought it from a guy. I logged on to XP and tried to install it. It installed, I clicked on the shortcut but suddenly and Error. Something about C++. Looked online and saw that it was unfixable. Stupid XP :evil:. So I stored it in a cupboard for many years and it collected dust, just doing nothing. We had a problem with our computer so my dad did a reboot and I had an idea :idea: . Why don't I install LoMo? It worked and I was soon looking for Mods, so I ended up here and that's also how I got into OTTD as well.
whrm3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by whrm3 »

I found out about Locomotion on YouTube while looking at train simulator game videos. It looked awesome. 8)
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Like many others, I found mine at a book fair in middle school. I also bought RCT3 Platinum and TrackMania Sunrise at that same fair, but during different years. Neither of those gave me as much satisfaction as LoMo :D
rdrdrdrd wrote:we should change this to "how do people keep finding this topic" :P
I was bored.
AlphaMan1965
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlphaMan1965 »

i got it at the yard sale in pootcreek minimall

Return to “General Locomotion”