time for Locomotion Expansion Pack?

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Shall we colaborate on a Locomotion Expansion Pack?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 46

Costas
Engineer
Engineer

time for Locomotion Expansion Pack?

Post by Costas »

I am very very happy with all the ppl who constantly make trains and packs and all kinds of stuff for locomotion. Now I wont need to buy real train sets, I can just play all day with Loco!

I want to ask something though, cause I am overwelmed with all the things I can d/l and install for loco.

Why dont we make an expansion pack? We have earth slopes and new bridges that need manual editing in order to work all together. We have millions of trains, we have new airports, ships, autopause function, no breakdown, passenger intelligence, 21 century stuff, fences (its so cool u have to check it out!). Cant we just make them all compatible by joining them all under one trackst.dat etc etc hence an expansion pack? of course the oldtimers must have done these manualy and they dont need an expansion pack, but I am sure there are plenty of noobs around apart from me ...!

I say we need:

the fences
all the ships (i found 2 the qm2 and one more)
the new airports
all the new slopes and bridges all in one dat file

trains is difficult cause there are loads of trains around. Mb there is a repacement train pack for the original loco trains but i havent found one..
jezza5-1-0
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jezza5-1-0 »

I agree. It takes time to download all of the mods and add on stuff. If you can make new trains, it won't be hard to put all of the important stuff in 1 big add on
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TheGrew »

I have tried putting it on one site before and the topic went into a small agument over EULAs
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

There is a Unofficial LocoTrains Expansion Pack planned in the future wich will contain all of the packs LocoTrains made.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Samo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Samo »

yea, but...
1) not vey exciting for everyone that already has them
2) it's been long overdue for an official one
NoBrain2k
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NoBrain2k »

I think this is a great idea, If done right it could be as good as an official one. What it would need is some new climates, trains to match, new scenarios that use the new features, new industries, the metro trains and station. Maybe I ask too much ;) but I do think its a great idea
Costas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Costas »

me too but i dont think we can find anyone to undertake a project like that, i have exams soon and no time to play at the moment...
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

lots of things could be in LoMo Ext.Pack.

- The new trains made by lomo fans
- Lots of new mods (eg. RailCars track, or TrolleyBus Way (made by me:D))
- New buses, trams, ships, planes
- and lots of exe changes, look at Graphics, Modifications forum, a lot of request cannot be done because the exe changing is illegal
- buying competiting companies
- passenger intelligence (passengers know where they want to go)
- Vehicle Services (Improving the reliability)
- Making routes (eg. buses and trams)
- day-night difference
- passengers' opinion about the transporting companies (eg. old buses/trains, slow transporting, etc.)

uncountable request for LoMo...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

And lots of then not possible and i am not gonna repeat myself again and again and again.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

why would u need a day/night-thing?

later in the game the time runs in months.. so there would be a blinking from day to night to day.. i would think my monitor is broken..

oh and ahem BTW.. editing EXE is still illegal :twisted: :twisted:
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com

Return to “General Locomotion”