Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:51 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

It looks like a nightmare to build but efficient as long as there aren't many trains on it.

Formerly known as LocoRoller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:45 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

nothingnew wrote:
This looks mighty complicated...

You should see the rest of my junctions ;) :lol:

As I remember it, it took a little while to get right, but as it was a dead end station with through trains reversing, all of the tracks are bi-directional coming under the bridge (inc. the nearest track which allows access to the carriage sidings which are eye candy only, including the carriages on the extreme left), and all crossovers are separated by at least one signal so it worked well even when it got busy! Its worth mentioning that two of the signal blocks are at least as long as the station platforms so that trains can sit inside them out of the way of incoming traffic.

Here, a pair of Class 20s haul a loaded MGR coal train over another lost save game viaduct, between two stations.

An express train hauled by Class 86 number 86006 ( I number my trains :lol: ) approaches Farthinghall station, passing the small loco servicing depot just outside of the station, while a pair of Class 37s thrash out of the tunnel and away from the speed restriction through the station with a fully laden grain train for the nearby food processing plant.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:43 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

This going to sound silly, but how do you make the trains NOT stop at station? Is it made an 'express' service?
Sorry im not new to the game just new to what can be achieved...

Amazing work though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:06 am 
Engineer
Engineer

nothingnew wrote:
but how do you make the trains NOT stop at station? Is it made an 'express' service?

Yes, it is an express setting.
Click into a train's Route tab, the first line is --Local-- if you click on it it will change to --Express--

Now the train will only stop at stations you tell it to stop at.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:16 am 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

nothingnew wrote:
This going to sound silly, but how do you make the trains NOT stop at station? Is it made an 'express' service?
Sorry im not new to the game just new to what can be achieved...

Amazing work though.

It's as glenjimen said. It's perfect for getting lots of passengers from big city to big city without wasting all the profit on smaller stops with only a few people that are on the same line. It's also perfect when you have freight mixing with passenger :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:51 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I honestly didn't realize its usefulness until recently. Now I use it to prevent blockage on road systems.

Formerly known as LocoRoller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:53 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Harbon 1 wrote:
nothingnew wrote:
This looks mighty complicated...

You should see the rest of my junctions ;) :lol:

May I? I've always been facinated by complicated looking junctions.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:49 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Hopefully getting this thread back to life.... :P :twisted:

Getting back into Locomotion recently, so having a go at what I used to do all the time: Electric mainlines. Ignore the dates, I had a lot of money troubles :lol:

The beginnings of a mainline are taking shape in Flagham. The arrival of the railway meant destruction for the town.
-----

The new order... With station lines complete, the roof and main buildings to be constructed, with only a temporary platform in operation. At least the residents could escape the building work!

-----

With work complete, and trains finally running, the town is able to recover.
-----

A return to the town a fair few years later shows the recovery has now turned into prosperity, with the railway bringing business and passengers to the now city.
-----

The beginnings of a network - Tracks laid and trains running whilst building is still ongoing. A junction can be seen emerging as plans are made for a large triangular junction with a distant city to the south west.
-----

The complete junction. Already, plans are being made for a new station at Cairnwell.
-----

The station throat at Winkletown, with the platforms in place for Cairnwell station. Classes 85 and 86 can be seen around the station at a busy time for departures.
-----

The newly opened station at Cairnwell serves a town in a difficult place at the end of a meeting of lines.
-----

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:10 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Harbon 1 wrote:
Hopefully getting this thread back to life.... :P :twisted:

Getting back into Locomotion recently, so having a go at what I used to do all the time: Electric mainlines. Ignore the dates, I had a lot of money troubles :lol:

Nice to see you back Hanlon, it's good that there are still people who play and like this game and keep the forum a little bit alive...Let me tell you this, you're not alone.

I'm not realy into that British stuff, but I like your network and you can see that some effort is put in it. Keep up the good work, and let's keep Locomotion alive :mrgreen: :bow: :bow:

:: Emperor' Screenshots :: Problem with Bridges :: The Long Station Patch :: Help with Opie's Dutch Stations :: The Serpent "Mod-Free" :: The Empty Region :: The City Oilwell :: The City Flourmill :: The Food-Mod :: The Valuables-Mod V4.0 :: A "One-Sided Station" :: Standard vehicles for Plastikman's Automod :: Maximum production from industries :: Tutorial to change tracks for trams and trains :: My own vehicle creation thread ::

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:52 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Harbon 1 wrote:
-----

The newly opened station at Cairnwell serves a town in a difficult place at the end of a meeting of lines.
-----

Wow, i'm impressed!