When did you start playing TTO ?

Talk about the classic original version of Transport Tycoon.
MrDoom
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrDoom »

Hi everyone!

I bought TTO back in 95, after a friend showed it to me.
I loved it from the start and I played it until they released the TTD version, which I still play (of course :wink: ).
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

I got it from a friend back in 1997 (i think), and played it for a while, both single-player and multiplayer over a serial cable with a friend :)
But then I got bored because I couldn't build more stations in my best game, and it was hell of a work to replace all old vehicles, so I stopped playing.

It all started again when I found this forum in 2002, and downloaded ttd win +patch.
This game will never die :wink:
vear
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by vear »

Jezulkim wrote:2001.
I found it from dustbin. :lol:
NO JOKE!
It was full version and it worked! :shock:
Wasn't it awful? Taking game from dustbin :?
see my transportation photos on fotozajezdnia
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

RadekK wrote: Wasn't it awful? Taking game from dustbin :?
Why? Cheap and easy. And the game is great!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
mBiT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mBiT »

Hi! 1st post :)

I think i started playing it in 1997, some demo.
Then a friend of mine gave me a copy, and since then till when i installed winxp, i played it a LOT!
Some time ago, i found this forum, but didnt had time to check it out. Last week i watched it better, as just downloading the music from the game was enought to get myself addicted. One more time 8)

-
edit: forgot to tell, when i discovered TTDX i started playing it and never touched the original again.
superwashandje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by superwashandje »

i think i started at 2000 or something...

but its still good :D
PROLETARIERS ALLER LANDEN VERENIGT U!
Greeny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greeny »

I started playing it when it first came out in 1994 I was only about 5 and still love all my old games from back then and had to install win 95 to play them because of xp 8)
SVAndrei
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SVAndrei »

Way back in 1998. I used to have a 486 back then. About the best game that computer could run... Now i'm playing TTD.
Live long and prosper!
RangaKoo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RangaKoo »

My dad managed to get hold of the demo for the original back when it was first released, and we were hooked. We even started figuring out ways of getting around the 2yr time limit the game imposed (mainly by doing as much as we could while paused). We tracked down the full version within the week and surrendered our freetime to it.

We then got the TT: World Editor when that came out, but amazingly TTD completely slipped under my radar until the late 90's, when I came across sites like these talking about tropical and arctic climates.... It took a couple of weeks asking at swap meets, but I eventually tracked it down.

My heart then broke when a few years ago I installed XP (but I was too lazy to do anything about it, like setting up a box or a DOS partition), but I found the patch and have been playing happily since....

err, sorry for the life story. :)
"Romance is dead. It was acquired in hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenised, and then sold off piece by piece." People with low expectations are rarely disappointed.Not stopping East Richmond.
Dan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Dan »

Its OK RangaKoo that is basically what this topic is about, telling when you started playing TTO.
I started playing TTO in 2001 (one year after TTD) I played it for about 3 days then went back to TTD (unpatched of course got patch in Oct. 2003). then I got the alternate graphics in Sep. 2003 and played TTO for another 2 days and I have played TTD ever since.
╔═════════════════╗
║░ГЯΔИ$PØЯГ Г¥¢ØØИ!░║
║▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓║
║▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
║░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░║
╚═════════════════╝
texas homie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by texas homie »

in 1995 by pure accident... tto is much better than ttdlx by a mile
UltraSkuzzi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by UltraSkuzzi »

I bought it at CompUSA around 1998, I think, when it was only around $10. I thought it was a SimCity clone of sorts, but upon playing it was very different. Needless to say I was disappointed. I let it collect dust on my shelf for about a year until I picked it up again, and found myself enjoying it. Just recently I started playing it again, to relieve the bordom at my job. It seems to work well for that. :)

Skuz
eXZire
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eXZire »

I started playing it in 1994 I think.. my big brother had somehow gotten it, an little me got addictec at once... (Even though I was 5 years, and couldn't read or write at all, and at least not in english (I'm from Norway ;) )

Played TTO for a looooong time, in periods actually, taking puases to play other games, TTO could get boring after half a year of intensive plaing ;)

Then, in 2003 ( ;) ) I found TTD and TTDpatch, and now I'm still playing! Trying to convince my friends to play network with me, but they don't seem to like TT.. suckers.. they are missing a lot of fun ;)
Tech^salvager
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tech^salvager »

Hi all I started to play TTO in 1997. We were at sam's club and my dad picked up this box that had some graphics of a train a boat and some cars and trucks. Well I asked him why he bought it and he said that a friend recommend it for logistics(My dad major in logistics in the marines) and to try it out. Well like a week later after I held the box in my hands think I get in trouble if touch it or something like that I asked my Dad if he had played it yet and he said no well I go and install on our computer for the first time(btw it was 75MHz pentium with16mb of ram and 850mb HD Wow). After I started playing it it got me hooked so bad. I remmeber one time when I had a whole spring break to me mom went airforce reserves and Dad still had to work so my Grandma came down. Well I played the whole first day of spring break on TTO hoping to get on the list of 2030 starting at 1930 well the next day I my eyes were hurting bad very bad so I didn't play until 3 hours later around noon time. Got back on th ecomputer to play TTO and that never hapended again. after a couple of years I found out about TTD then the Patch and now openttd.
Creave
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Creave »

I started playing TTO in 1996 or 1997. Then I was using a P133.
Already spending almost all of my free time on the game I had to go to hospital unfortunately. I remember I missed it a lot that time.

Some day in 2000 my cousin brought me TTD. Again spending weeks on it.

And now after finishing school I got bored so I rediscovered the good (best) old game again. Also the patch. And it's great, it also runs on my Notebook.
kwak
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kwak »

my p1 133 is from 1997 ... got the TTO for Christmas in 1997 ... so since then :)
HyperFlexed
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HyperFlexed »

1994, I was 5 years old. At the time it was my dad's 386. It was a thing of beauty.

Now I can get it to run under XP using DOSBox. It's so beautiful.
walen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by walen »

i think it will be 96 when i buy tto, and it was great.
i read review and i thought this is good.
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

1994... yep...
was 3 years... duh...

that was my first time ... tto and doom were my favorite games.
Buibo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Buibo »

Early 1994 ... The Demo .. after trying it I was waiting to get my hands on the full version :?

Late 1994 ... The Full version, It was like a dream come true!

And then in summer 1995 the ttd replaced it for good.. That's the way it went and still playing it. :)

Return to “Transport Tycoon (Original)”