When did you start playing TTO ?

Talk about the classic original version of Transport Tycoon.
d00mh4mm3r
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by d00mh4mm3r »

i started to play TTO, when i was 8, 11 years ago.. "ahh windows, what wonders"... then about 2 weeks later got the faster burner out on the markets "waist of $400 i think.. lol.... then my dad got a hole bunch of "old" games on to a CD.. and thats where i found TTD.. hehe
--==Out Of Order==--
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I got TTO of my cousin, he said I would get MagLevs which went over 700 km/h... never discovered them. Later I got TTD-DOS from a classmate. I finally discovered those maglevs.

Later my brother discoverd the ttdpatch website :D. Well, once I discovered custom trains could be added, I started drawing dutch ones. After sending him an email, Patchman linked me to this place :)

Well, ehm.. I think i was 10 or something when I first played TTO and I was 18 or something when I joined these forums :D
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
sneakyhenk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sneakyhenk »

I started playing TTO Demo in 1997, it came from a DemoCD. I have played that several times because I loved the game. 2 months later I saw TTD in a shop, but had no money with me. After I got back with some money the game was already sold.
Marius Co.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Marius Co. »

I started playing it this year when i downladed it from Abandonia(i only knew that address) Since then i am Having Lots Of Fun, Directors!!
I love this game!!
cmd_srui
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by cmd_srui »

I started playing the game 11 years ago. Never stoped since then. When TT Deluxe came aout and I stat founding out the differences (specially in signalling) I went nuts :) It was awesome.... but when I found out about ttdpacth 2 years ago... damn... I start playing it even more!!!!
Live long and Prosper
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

I started playing the game when i was very young.
We had a 15 min demo at first, then a Floppy disk version of the game (this was when i was about 6 or 7 i think) then a year or 2 later, we found the delux edition, got that, and i have been playing it for ages since, untill none of the computers could handle the game, so i was left with my very old laptop. then in october, i fond ttdpatch, and iv'e been playing it again ever since! :D
LSky
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LSky »

I started playing when i saw my 15 year older nephew playing it on his own comp. I think that was around 1995 or 1996. Original TT :D
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I got TTO from my nephew too. He said there were maglevs with 700 km/h in it... never found them in TTO :lol:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

I started playing TTO in about 95/96/97. Been playing all up for almost a decade. Scary huh?
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Arael
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arael »

Around 1994-95 I think, as soon as I discovered TTO would run on my 4MB RAM :D

I remember having a version with real vehicle names, and later getting another one and wondering what went wrong...
- So, here's this train full of illegal alcohol. I stamp here, and all the alcohol magically evaporates, leaving pure mineral water...
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Aegir wrote:I started playing TTO in about 95/96/97. Been playing all up for almost a decade. Scary huh?
same here, and yeah it is scary as hell actually. :shock: :wink:
I can't imagine playing a game for so long and still like it! :)
Mavromatis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mavromatis »

I think I started playing with the demo. It must be the same time with the foundation of CluesWare. (My fictional company). Which is in 1999. I remember the day I started to play. That day I bought a pc desk. So I moved my pc to my room from the dinner table. :P And in this month I also found Colonization and the concept of Abandonware.
But the start of tycooning is with the RailRoad Tycoon. The first game on my pc was Civilization and I wanted a new game after playing Civilization for several months (still playing :P). I went to store and saw RRT with the name MicroProse on it. So I bought it. And I'm still playing these games.
magnato
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by magnato »

As one of the first games I ever bought was Transport Tycoon just before Christmas 93. After trying it a little bit in the shop, I could not stand just wathching the game in the shelf. I had to own my own copy of the game!

Thenafter I wrote Chris Sawyer a few letters with my ideas, (thanks now there is a forum also :-)), and he also wrote me back!, and I still have his letter. :-)
Magnato, Oslo
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hehe, I wrote him a letter a couple of years ago, got a nice reply too. It's posted on the forum here somewhere, if you can find it...
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

magnato wrote:Thenafter I wrote Chris Sawyer a few letters with my ideas, (thanks now there is a forum also :-)), and he also wrote me back!, and I still have his letter. :-)
Give us a scan/copy it out! :D
vear
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by vear »

orudge wrote:Hehe, I wrote him a letter a couple of years ago, got a nice reply too. It's posted on the forum here somewhere, if you can find it...
http://tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=5340 I guess ;)
What would world look like without search engines ;)
see my transportation photos on fotozajezdnia
nicfer
Director
Director

Post by nicfer »

When I buy my first pc, it has the game installed, until a day I had to format it, and I have to wait long time until I find the ttd page of owen rudge (http://www.transporttycoon.net) and after this I started to search a location to download the game (I don't know this forum those day) and finally find the TT original. After this, I search for the deluxe version and hardly finded it (for DOS). After this, I could use ttdpatch, and I discover this forum. From here I could download the Windows version of TTD, and my ttdpatch was better. After, I know in this forum OTTD, but that is other history.

My history is also large but interesant. I never will forget the first day that I play TTO.
Sorry for my english I am argentinian
TTO don't crashes in Windows XP; XP crashes TTO

Formerly known as UnderBuilder.

MyMiniCity
LorthUndulia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LorthUndulia »

I started when i was 7 or 8 i think TTO was my second game in our Toshiba notebook
My first game was Lego Island :D :!:
"In life Sons bury Fathers, In war Fathers bury Sons"
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Thanks to my Dad always having the lates equipment back then, I was playing TTO in late 1993. In fact, back then, my whole family was playing TTO and also Ports Of Call, even my mother. We had a fight about who is allowed to use the PC everyday.
Then before Christmas 1995, TTDlx came out and the others lost the interest, so it was only me playing it for years, until about 1999 when I got a new PC and the disc was broke, so I couldn't install it anymore. But in March 2004 when I was bored because there was no other usefull transportation game out (and there still isn't), I found TTD Patch and I'm totally hooked again since.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

I was probably 11 when i got TTO and TTD in a pack together.

Played TTO once and stayed with TTD till i discovered the patch some years later. Then i found these forums and hence OpenTTD, never looked back since (until now! :wink: )

James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread

Return to “Transport Tycoon (Original)”