When did you start playing TTO ?

Talk about the classic original version of Transport Tycoon.
GameR
Director
Director

Post by GameR »

i playd tto since i was 6.. i loved it! only... my brother boked the disc. :cry:
after that my father buyd TTD...... broked that one too. but this time myself :cry: i found TTD on an german site somwhere in 2003. the doawnload included ttd patch. but i still want to play TTO again :D
add me ass friend! i'm so lonely!
heppers
Engineer
Engineer

Post by heppers »

I would have to hazard a guess at about 1994 ish (i'm not sure when it came out), it was the original that came on 2 floppy disks.
Played it on a 386 SX 25MHz, god it was slow would build a few services, and go away from the computer for a couple of hours and come back to find 1 or 2 years had passed!
GameR
Director
Director

Post by GameR »

that's realy slow... ever playd it out?
add me ass friend! i'm so lonely!
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

I started in around late 95, probably 1996. Didn't ever really stop. Played TTO to death and moved onto TTD after a year or two.

Ten years... Crikey...

Seems a bloody long time when you're only 17...
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Open Addict
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Open Addict »

the year is currently 11tto. my gaming life was born at this time when i got my first edition on tto. and i never looked back to my c64 or atari 2600.

now i move to open and i cant get enough.
Energy - You use it, You pay for it.
atze
Engineer
Engineer

Post by atze »

i own a package since it came out in 94.
played it a lot.
it still sits on my software-shelf, it just seem to move with me.

as i use no more dos but macs since some years i was looking for a mac os x version. i found openttd and am happy with it :)
DonRazzi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DonRazzi »

Wow, I just recognized that I play TTD since exactly 12 years right now. I got a copy of the original game a few days before christmas in 1994. Because I lived at my grandma at that time to go to school, I had to leave my computer for the holidays alone there to visit my mom. Gosh, you can not imagine how horrible it was to wait to come back to the computer again.

By the way, my old computer in that days was a 486 SX 25 with only 4 MB of RAM. I never played till the end in DOS-Era, because everything went quite slow after having about two dozens of planes in the air. I once tried to build a monorail, but when it became availiable, I didn't have any slot free for a vehicle an also already 80 trains on track. Man, that was lame...
proethomega
Engineer
Engineer

Post by proethomega »

It was about 1998 I started playingwhen I was about 8 years old. Im now 17 years old and I built myself a Retro PC for Retro Games, found this game in my Loft and I want to get back into it!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
Rhodesy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rhodesy »

I first found Transport Tycoon on a magazine CD... I was playing a demo of Sim City 2000 with a 20 minute limit on it, so i would play Sim City over and over and over.... after a while I got bored of this damn limit and while looking at the cover of the CD I saw the word "Transport ....", so I installed this game and was instantly amazed by the graphics, then after more time I was taken by the gameplay.

So, I don't know when exactly I started play, but it was around the time TT was out on demo.

Loved it every since, it IS my favorite game of all time.

I've recently found OpenTTD which has revived my love for the game.
calix177
Engineer
Engineer

Post by calix177 »

I First found this game lying in a bundle of cheap games at a garage sale / swap meet in 2000.
The game sounded interesting, so i got it, and what a great purchase it has been! :D 7 years later and it is still one of the games i constantly come back to. Easily the game i like the most.
Bertee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bertee »

I started playing in 1994 when I was 4 or 5...I played with my dad first of course :) The other favourite was Doom. hehe
GooGooDoll
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GooGooDoll »

I first played TTO in about 1996, I think. It came on a two game CD, the other game was Theme Park. I put many, MANY hours into both of them. I still have the original game but my laptop is fairly new so doesn't have DOS, so I've been playing TTD more recently. I'm easing myself back into it slowly by playing on the easiest settings, and I have about £400 million now, and it's about 2030 in the game. I think that's pretty good considering I haven't played it in years!
c2007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by c2007 »

Probably around '96, 97ish.

I now play OTTD, but to this day still have a CD version of TTO with the Martian Textures and the World Editor (apparently this wasn't around for long) sitting around somewhere...

I still have a Win 95 install disk too, somewhere, actually. :lol:

Sucked when it didn't work on XP, then found TTDPatch, worked on one of my earlier installs on my old computer but refused several installs later (let's just say it was a bit of a temperamental computer).

There's only one other game series that has stuck with me anywhere near as long (longer actually, since my second computer had it) - and that would be the legendary SimCity series - and to this day, all four main versions of SimCity are on my HDD.
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

The TTO set changes the toyland to the martian landscape.
it also makes the grass tto-ish
Johnny B Goode
Director
Director

Post by Johnny B Goode »

I started playing OpenTTD this year. Then, when I heard of Dosbox, for the hell of it, I downloaded that and TT. I played for a little while, and then started playing Open again.
Jezulkim wrote:Credits:
- Johnny B Goode, for digging this thread up and giving me an idea for this update.
- Mr. Owen Rudge, for his TT website where I grabbed the names.
Yeah! I've been credited! (Thanks, Jezulkim)
Winner of Most Annoying Member Award 2007 - Runner-up for Biggest Spammer 2007
My blog - Diary Of A Madman
epoxi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by epoxi »

I got a TTO demo in 1994...at the age of four!!!

I then got the full version, in 1999 I got Deluxe, got OpenTTD about a year ago.
Paulo de Tarso
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Paulo de Tarso »

Well... I don't speak english, but I'll try...

I played a demo of TTO in 1997, 1998, more or less... And since this time I loved! But, how that version was just a demo, I forgot it and now, in 2007, I resolved search the full game! Just in 2007! And I discovered that I can download the full game!

But I don't liked of TTD... I like more the TTO... :(
I4ko
Engineer
Engineer

Re: When did you start playing TTO ?

Post by I4ko »

I started with TTO in 1995 on my 386DX at 40Mhz. Then at around 1998-9 I started TTD.
sarcasticon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sarcasticon »

Must have been in 1994-1995.
Very addictive at that time, and a welcome change from Railroad Tycoon.
Recently started playing it again - well, the deluxe version that is. Still haven't moved to the more advanced versions though, maybe that's for in another 10 years time...
FireLordMathias
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FireLordMathias »

I started when I was 5 or so. I didnt get the game so much, but i tryed! And after a while i forgot the game, and one bautiful day i discovered the old game again. I got hooked as soon I instaled it! haha, lucky for me I found OpenTTD :D

My opinion is that Transport Tycoon is the best game EVER!

Return to “Transport Tycoon (Original)”