When did you start playing TTO ?

Talk about the classic original version of Transport Tycoon.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I played TTO in 1996, I've got it from my classmate (we were 7 years old by the way). I had no idea how to make orders and curves on roads, but my dad sorted everything up :)
About 2001 I've been looking for TTO websites, possibly downloads, where I've found TTDPatch.
Following links on TTDPatch website, I got to this forum, where I've found OTTD (in kind reply to my post "can anyone tell me what is OTTD?")
fletch5535
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fletch5535 »

I started playing years ago (5 PCs ago), and was immediately addicted. So much better than Railroad Tycoon and other early imitators.

Never seen the deluxe version, in fact didn't know it existed until I visited this forum.

I always win, but who wouldn't? Competitors are pretty stupid (even if you set them to be intelligent).
Keep on rollin'
Fletch
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

1996(?) On a computer at the health lodge at a Boy Scout camp. I wasn't a scout, but my dad worked at the camp, so I would go every day with him to play TTO. Then I got a PC in 2000 (Being a previous Mac user) and downloaded a copy of TTO and TTD.
Yakcyll
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yakcyll »

Hah, i've started playing TT in 1995, when I was four (lol :D), my machine was Pentium I 120 mHz :P It was much problems with installing SVGA drivers on Win 95, so there was a dependence: If I break something on computer and my dad have to reinstall OS, I can't play TT for 4 weeks. Easy :P
sigeng
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sigeng »

1994/5 - Got hooked by the demo on a magasine disc. Bought the game and soon a group in the office were playing when the boss wasn't looking - then we got a warning for wasting time!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I don´t remember, but I was only 6 years first time I played it myself, without help. My dad helped me when I was only 5 years, in 1995 or 1996
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Menno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Menno »

I think I started playing TTO in 1996, though I really can't trace back when exactly, it might also have been 1995 or 1997. I was something like 10 or 11 then. TTD I think I discovered by 1999 or 2000...
*hmz*
furdude6
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by furdude6 »

I started when I got my first Compy (God rest its sole, Its sitting right next to my current one needing a CD rom and Linux off of it..) other then that it would be perfect... if i want to use it just use the monitor off of the other one.. but i started in 98 or 99 or so... i was in either 8th grade or a freshmen in highschool..
TTDX Nothin better...Nuff said!!...Need any other entertainment visit http://furdude2.proboards43.com/index.cgi an see if anyone has any of this interests as well.
I got a IRC channel too!! go to Quakenet then go to #furdude2
(Visit http://www.cafepress.com/leaveamessage for some fun items!!)
Visit http://myinterpagedesigninc.com/InterpageDesignINC.htm if you need a Site for a guild(any game will do) or a regular site. Visit http://sharecash.org/download.php?file=359761 to get my FAQ!
thepizzaking
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by thepizzaking »

In 2000 some time, I walked into K-mart and looked around and saw this game and I thought, "that looks cool" so I ended up buying it (the best AU$17 I ever spent)
I'm A Cobra (or so the rumours go) :)
Get OpenTTD, It's awesome!!
Hesuses
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hesuses »

I started playing TTO sometime in 1998 I think, on my 486. Damn it ran slow when lots of stuff was happening on the screen. I remember I always used to pause the game when I had to scroll cause otherwise it took so long :P
benster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by benster »

Heh :D
i started playing TTO 4-5 years ago, on my 166Mhz Intel Processor, it was a really addictive game, and i guess this game still is addictive.
I managed to play TTO on a 75Mhz computer(Siemens Nixdorf PCD-5H).
~ You can run, but you can't hide ~
ImageImageImage
nguwland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nguwland »

I've first played it in 1996 when a friend of mine borrowed a copy at the local Libary. I bought the game in 1997 and became heavily addicted (and I still am)
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

In 1995/96 I guess, When I was 4 years old :) I was playing sim city 2000 when my dad came with a game with signals etc.. I remember that it was on a pentium I with windows 95 :D
Erik89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Erik89 »

I can't remember

What I do remember is that I've played the demo so much.

I could only play the first 2 years, after a few months I got the real game.
Peteza
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Peteza »

Erik89 wrote:I can't remember

What I do remember is that I've played the demo so much.

I could only play the first 2 years, after a few months I got the real game.

I had that demo too! I remember playing it again and again (in '96 or '97)....and we could only build trains...then i saw the full version for sale...and mail ordered it - best $30 i spent....
Mr Fox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr Fox »

i discover TTO as a demo on a old game of the phantom of the opera, that was around 1996, my first computer a pentium 75Mhz with 8 megs of ram a HD of 500 MB (or something like that), a old Svga graphic card i think it was 2 MB, no sound card and no internet, later buy the full version of it and was able to copy the game on flopy disc and no longer required the cd to play, later i discover TTD and downloadit from a web site, (that was before any P2P), i buy recently Locomotion but the graphic is not as good as the TTO or TTD.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

when i was 4..5
watching dad play 1996, i had a go when he went gfor a coffee :P
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
rainbow six
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rainbow six »

I first started playing Transport Tycoon when i was like 8? Around summer 1996 I reckon. I had a demo of TTO on a dosgame collection backthen. I didn't understand the full potential and possibilitys of that game yet, but still it was fun and I spend hours after hours raising money and developing a massive railroad system (I've always been into trains :p ).

I bought the Windows95 Version of TTD like when I was 10 when I saw it in a computer store. A few days ago I just digged it out again, enjoying the many features of the patch :p
Nick Garai
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nick Garai »

I actually cannot remember when I started playing TTO. I bought it I think in 1995 or 1997. I can't really remember but I got hooked on it pretty quick.

I am still debating if I want to pick up the newer version or not. Don't want to be disappointed.
Micah 6:8 "And what does the Lord ask of thee? To be merciful, act justly, and to walk humbly with the Lord your God."

http://www.gamestoresindex.com/bulletinboard/

Return to “Transport Tycoon (Original)”