TTO + Windows 98 MS-DOS Startup disk

Talk about the classic original version of Transport Tycoon.
jt_55
Engineer
Engineer

TTO + Windows 98 MS-DOS Startup disk

Post by jt_55 »

Like many other people, I've tried (without luck or success) to run TTO on Windows XP. I recently got my hands on a boot disk that I just think might work (it worked for another old DOS-based game). However, there was a little problem, as there was no mouse driver. I could obtain one, but I wouldn't want to go into the hassle of getting one if the game doesn't work in the first place.

So, has anyone here got TTO to run successfully with a startup disk?

EIDT: And I have the real TTO, out-of-the-box, in case anyone asks.
Dropzone
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: TTO + Windows 98 MS-DOS Startup disk

Post by Dropzone »

Is there any reason that you don't just use DOSBox instead? TTO runs flawlessly in it, no rebooting or driver hunting necessary, although you do need a reasonably powerful PC for it. To answer the actual question: I think I did get TTO running with a boot disk years ago (before I knew that DOSBox existed). In fact, it seems I still have the boot disk - I might try playing around with it later, to see if it does actually work.
jt_55
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jt_55 »

Well, I'm pretty sure my computer can handle it. AMD Sempron 2600+, 1.83 GHz, 224 MB RAM, and 40 GB hard drive. It's not the best, but I think it fits the requirements.

I don't know why, but I've been trying to get around DosBox for a while. Even though restarting and "Starting Windows 98" is a pain in the neck. But now I found out I can't fit my sound driver onto the floppy also, so I'll have to use DosBox now.
bob27
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by bob27 »

Yeah go with DosBox, it works exactly like Dos and it very quick to learn (if you don't know Dos)
It should defiantly work on that system too, I've used it with much less and it's worked like a charm.

Return to “Transport Tycoon (Original)”