Transport Tycoon on PSX

Talk about the classic original version of Transport Tycoon.
Roman
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Roman »

vear wrote: Oh.. Does it work for you? I downloaded it about three years ago, but did not manage to launch it. What emulator have you used (pity, I no longer have BIOS I used in 2004)?
Uuh, I don't remember. It migth have been GiriGiri, but I can't tell for sure. Have you tried that one?

Oh, and thanks DaleStan, I'm glad someone's thinking proactively! :-)
AlexFili
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlexFili »

Yeah the maximum station size in the ps1 version is

4 by 5, as in... you can fit 4 trains in it, and its 5 squares wide.
The max trainsize is still only 8 though, so it seems a bit pointless to me (besides getting a bigger area of influence)

And just like TTO, you cant selectively choose what cargo you deliver; If you choose to build a train station in the middle of an oil well and coal station, both will be delivered to your station, wether you want it or not.

Also, traffic jams are possible. They have happened to me a few times while using many road vehicles at once coming to one station.

And joining of stations is impossible too. As in, two train stations.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

All the limits in the immediately preceding post, except the 8-car train limit, are applicable to TTD as well.
They're not applicable to Patch or Open, but if you're planning to compare TTO and TTDPatch, or TTO and OpenTTD, the winner is going to be pretty obvious pretty quickly.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
AlexFili
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlexFili »

Yeah thats true... TTO is more of a graphical update then an actual attempt to produce a new and better game :)

But maybe someday openttd will work on TTPS1? i mean... you never know right? lol
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Good mentioning about GiriGiri. Others do not work (crash or disk not for this system...) with loaded or mounted ISO. I 'll burn and try. Again thanks!
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Has the Saturn iso tested to play in original console or any emulator?
GiriGiri didn't make it. (ISO burned into CD, first CDdrive). :(
Please Lord or who else has successfully loaded it in GiriGiri or other Saturn Emulator to provide some instructions. (Region and BIOS used configuration etc.)
Thank you in advance.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Roman
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Roman »

Okay. Since some people seem to have troubles trying to get the Saturn version running, here's how it works on my WinXP computer:

FIRST METHOD

1. Download the attached hacked GiriGiri emulator and extract it to any directory.

2. Download the bin/cue image files (which I just made) from http://other.tt-ms.de/ttoss.bincue.rar [356 MB] and extract it to the same directory.

3. Run glaunch.exe, choose your settings and run the game by clicking on the big image on the left. If that doesn't work, follow the instructions in readme-dammit.txt.

SECOND METHOD

1. Download the SSF emulator (e.g. from http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/saturn/ssf.html) and install it.

2. Burn either the ISO file or the new bin/cue image mentioned above to CD-ROM.

3. Run SSF.exe. You can disable all rendering options except for the last ("sprite(7)") for a better performance.

I hope that helps. :)
Attachments
gg.rar
GiriGiri (hacked)
(930.52 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
^Cartman^
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ^Cartman^ »

Sorry for bringing this thread to the top again, but could someone give me a link to the Transport Tycoon version for PSX? I want to try it out om my PSP! :wink:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

DaleStan wrote:I apologize for the punishment I gave your servers there, Lord. Those who would like to avoid performing that punishment can find those files at the other end of these ed2k links:

[url=ed2k://%7Cfile%7Cttoscd.rar%7C330096081%7C3BAF489E269ACE8FBFDFCBEF3375A901%7Ch=AS53ZX5DJJVZQY3ZFKD56NSZJN42X45U%7C/]ttoscd.rar[/url]
[url=ed2k://%7Cfile%7Cttops.bincue.rar%7C313015913%7CBF89578CFA4CC626CFC77B003DEC2C71%7Ch=NTE3UVY3S5OU4HZ3W2FWXYOBUSKXZFFS%7C/]ttops.bincue.rar[/url]
Of course, I managed to swap the filenames in the original post; these are correct.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
8h
Engineer
Engineer

3D PC version?

Post by 8h »

years ago I saw a german release of TTD in a department store, I just had a brief look at and it had 3d graphics on the cover. until I read this thread today I thought it was a fata morgana.

BUT as far as I remember it wasnt a psx game. I think it was also sold under another name. So is it possible that a 3D verson for the PC was ever released ?? i
AlexFili
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Transport Tycoon on PSX

Post by AlexFili »

Well, you never know. It could be a 'clone' game, which is basically a rip-off of the game in question.
Or it could be a port, to be honest, who knows?

Just a question, whats the point in the saturn version, isn't that just 2D? If so, why bother with it?
Flegmatica
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Flegmatica »

YES!!! I finally got the game!

I could share this game with you guys but is that legal?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Various people have "shared" it before. And no, it's not particularly legal. :P
Flegmatica
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Flegmatica »

Ho ho ho! Some Screenies!

3D View :bow:.

...yet more to come.

Playing this game with gamepad is awful and slow. Took me 5 months to build a small railroad track. Game isn't meant to be played on PSX.
Last edited by Flegmatica on 22 Jul 2008 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
vear
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by vear »

Flegmatica wrote:Playing this game with gamepad is awful and slow. Took me 5 months to build a small railroad track. Game isn't meant to be played on PSX.
Not necessarily. PSX TT supports generic PlayStation mouse, thus easing gameplay a lot (still, that's far from PC version, yet a lot better than playing with gamepad). I'd suggest you try playing on your PC, using a PSX emulator and your mouse. Honestly, I managed to build a pretty complex network (as far as complexity is possible with TTO) with my ordinary PC mouse and ePSXe emulator. And I'm still long way till 2030 ;)
see my transportation photos on fotozajezdnia
Flegmatica
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Flegmatica »

vear wrote:
Flegmatica wrote:Playing this game with gamepad is awful and slow. Took me 5 months to build a small railroad track. Game isn't meant to be played on PSX.
Not necessarily. PSX TT supports generic PlayStation mouse.
Im using padZnMPad.dll - mouse plugin with my emulator. Still its akward to play the game.
AlexFili
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlexFili »

The Mouse Add-on does not help this game much at all from what I can tell.
ConiKost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ConiKost »

Some pictures of the "retail" version.

teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

ConiKost wrote:Some pictures of the "retail" version.

Box pron! :bow:

Thanks. Good to see that.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

teccuk wrote:
ConiKost wrote:Some pictures of the "retail" version.

Box pron! :bow:

Thanks. Good to see that.
Necro-pron. Stop it, leave dead topics alone :twisted: .

Return to “Transport Tycoon (Original)”