Some OpenTTD questions (train list and others)

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

aaronw
Engineer
Engineer

Some OpenTTD questions (train list and others)

Post by aaronw »

Hi All.

Recently downloaded OpenTTD and love it.

some questions, which I guess are also appropriate for TTD itself...

1) Is there a way in the train list to get a list of trains that have orders for a specific station? Or can you constrain it to only show trains that have car 'X' in them? Where X = a certain locomotive type (I know I have a 80 mph one in somewhere messing up my 110mph line, but I can't find him...) or X = a cargo car type. It would be really interesting to also do 'show me all trains that have exactly 7 ore cars' so that I would know which ones still need to get additional capacity when I am in the middle of rolling out a 7 car to 11 car cargo upgrade across my network.

2) Is there a graph somewhere that shows acceleration with certain locomotives/hp ratings as cargo carried increases? This would let me know how long I can make trains before I need to add another loco or do something else...

I finally found out that 2 cars = 1 station platform length, so 13 cargo + 1 loco is the longest that will fit easily...

3) Is there a way to get a graph of cargo sitting at a station for the past, say, 6 months, daily? This would let me see if I really do need to provision extra cargo cars out of a site or if it's just a momentary delay in getting a train back to the station.

Is there an effort underway to add more exacting detail to the wiki for the openttd patches window? Some of them are a little unclear to me and need a little more explanation.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get back into it.
mdhowe
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Some OpenTTD questions (train list and others)

Post by mdhowe »

aaronw wrote:1) Is there a way in the train list to get a list of trains that have orders for a specific station?
Celestar has made a station statistics patch that allows this option.
Or can you constrain it to only show trains that have car 'X' in them? Where X = a certain locomotive type
No, but it sounds like a good suggestion.
2) Is there a graph somewhere that shows acceleration with certain locomotives/hp ratings as cargo carried increases? This would let me know how long I can make trains before I need to add another loco or do something else...
No, but this also sounds good.

3) Is there a way to get a graph of cargo sitting at a station for the past, say, 6 months, daily? This would let me see if I really do need to provision extra cargo cars out of a site or if it's just a momentary delay in getting a train back to the station.
No
Is there an effort underway to add more exacting detail to the wiki for the openttd patches window? Some of them are a little unclear to me and need a little more explanation.
The wiki is user edited (you can add stuff to it) so there are no set plans for anything.
"Set fashion, not follow. Spit vitriol, not swallow" - Marilyn Manson

Return to “General OpenTTD”