OpenTTD - Starter

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

RISC+
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD - Starter

Post by RISC+ »

Hello out there!
I've been playing OpenTTD quite for a long time now and I'm absolutely fascinated about it! But after some time I got bored of the many Batch-Files I used to start OpenTTD with several parameters (e.g. to play in network)
So I decided to develope a Pre-Starter with a TTD-like graphical interface. (Never the less I think the options given by my program should later be implemented into OpenTTD itself)

OpenTTD - Starter
lets you select:
* Singleplayer / Multiplayer
* Network-Options for multiplayer (Teamplay)
* Midi-driver
* Wave-driver
* Graphics-driver

Be free to download a copy of the first released beta!
Suggestions are always welcome, but maybe I might not have enough time to realize them.

The zip-file contains the main-executable and a language-file for german language support. All configurations are stored in an INI-file.

Finally I managed to upload the file :
http://homepages.compuserve.de/schlasza ... tdStar.zip

Just download and have fun!
Last edited by RISC+ on 08 Aug 2004 12:09, edited 4 times in total.
RISC+
Engineer
Engineer

File-Transfer succeded!

Post by RISC+ »

File is uploaded, you may download it by clicking the link above!
Last edited by RISC+ on 08 Aug 2004 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Hi RISC+

First of all, you forgot to put up any link, or attachment for your OpenTTD starter ;)

Second of all, we are working hard to make your work obsolete :):
  • Singleplayer / Multiplayer :There is already a mulitplayer gui inside the game, altough not yet fully functional
  • Network-Options for multiplayer (Teamplay) :see above
  • Midi-driver :Altough not sure who would change his music/sound driver, it sure is easier to do it like this than in some obscure command line (for windows users) :)
  • Wave-driver :same as above
  • Graphics-driver :no use for it. The windows binaries are compiled without SDL support, so they can not pick the only alternative choice to win32 gdi

Nice idea though, we well think about the sound-driver selection.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

For some reason my stupid computer (XP) only supports the SDL music driver and as I can't get SDL working with Cygwin I am stuck without it. :( For some reason sound works fine though. :roll:
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com

Return to “General OpenTTD”