Kanto Area Scenario feedback?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Aerond
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Kanto Area Scenario feedback?

Post by Aerond »

Hi!

I recently uploaded on BaNaNaS my old Kanto Area scenario (updated in 2019 with New Industries and other GRFs). It's available in game.

Can I get some feedback and / or ideas for a possible 2.1 version?

Thank you so much!
Aerond
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Kanto Area Scenario feedback?

Post by Aerond »

Here's the .scn file attached if you don't wanna look online.
Attachments
Kanto_Area.scn
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

New version of FIRS, first of all, version 0.75 is really obsolete and a lot of players, in my opinion, do not want to download such an old newgrf just for one game ... Moreover, this is really a very early version ... In addition, there are no trucks and trams, only basic ones, and they do not work with FIRS. The player is thus forced to change the newgrf, which can cause problems.
Aerond
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aerond »

Argus wrote: 22 Oct 2021 17:48 New version of FIRS, first of all, version 0.75 is really obsolete and a lot of players, in my opinion, do not want to download such an old newgrf just for one game ... Moreover, this is really a very early version ... In addition, there are no trucks and trams, only basic ones, and they do not work with FIRS. The player is thus forced to change the newgrf, which can cause problems.
Thanks a lot, exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Easy fix will look into this :)
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

Hey Aerond
Unfortunately I doubt it would be easy to fix it... I noticed a pause issue which I haven't seen in any other game. Something like this happens when in the game is missing some NewGRF, but I had all. You've probably removed some important add-on (industry?) And now there's a problem. What's more, after starting the scenario, the game crashed after some time. I think that the only option is to recreate this scenario, I suppose, starting with a blank height map.
There is a tool to save the positions of cities, rivers as well as enterprises and generate them anew, but I have never used it - here it is.
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
Aerond
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aerond »

LaChupacabra wrote: 25 Oct 2021 16:59 Hey Aerond
Unfortunately I doubt it would be easy to fix it... I noticed a pause issue which I haven't seen in any other game. Something like this happens when in the game is missing some NewGRF, but I had all. You've probably removed some important add-on (industry?) And now there's a problem. What's more, after starting the scenario, the game crashed after some time. I think that the only option is to recreate this scenario, I suppose, starting with a blank height map.
There is a tool to save the positions of cities, rivers as well as enterprises and generate them anew, but I have never used it - here it is.
Thanks! I will look into this.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Strange ... My game has been going on for 4 game years and it didn't fall.
Aerond
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aerond »

Argus wrote: 28 Oct 2021 10:16
Strange ... My game has been going on for 4 game years and it didn't fall.
It doesn't crash here either, but I played a bit with the GRF config in case it has to do with the order they were arranged. Also removed all AI.

Fortunately, FIRS could be just swapped for a newer version, after removing all the industries, so now I simply have to place industries again and it should work fine.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

No, I've tried that before. This never paid off for me. Only exchange the vanilla factories for another.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

There is still only an old version of Bananas
Aerond
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aerond »

Argus wrote: 03 Nov 2021 10:45 There is still only an old version of Bananas