Skyscrapers

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ipancakeman
Engineer
Engineer

Skyscrapers

Post by ipancakeman »

So, im looking for cool skyscraper sets, I already have the LA skyscraper set, and the 1000 Bulding set, but im looking for different stuff, any suggestions?
kamnet

Re: Skyscrapers

Post by kamnet »

Total Town Renewal Set and Japan Set Buildings have tall buildings, but they're going to be less impressive than what you have in the two you mentioned. And nobody else has made anything near the scale of those two.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Dutch Landmarks Objects, City Objects and Fridaemon's Objects are good ones :)
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

ipancakeman wrote: 19 Sep 2021 21:09 So, im looking for cool skyscraper sets, I already have the LA skyscraper set, and the 1000 Bulding set, but im looking for different stuff, any suggestions?
I wanna bring skyscrapers to new town set but you have to wait few months :)) they will be in JapanSet / Total Town Repalcement Set / NABS size, it means 1x1 or 2x1. Skyscrapers from 1000 Bulding set and LA skyscraper set as town set are too big for me. I use them only as eyecandy objects.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Well, that's the problem with any and all skyscraper sets. Make the buildings too small, and they will look tiny compared to the scale of standard houses and road vehicles. Make them larger, and they will completely obscure the road traffic, so the players will have to enable building transparency anyway.
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

odisseus wrote: 20 Sep 2021 13:09 Well, that's the problem with any and all skyscraper sets. Make the buildings too small, and they will look tiny compared to the scale of standard houses and road vehicles. Make them larger, and they will completely obscure the road traffic, so the players will have to enable building transparency anyway.
I don't know what is better... I do some buildings with 2x2 size, but squares there will be too, so it's will be something in the middle of these 2 choices. With other building sets these 1x1 skyscrapers will be much more compatible.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
ipancakeman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ipancakeman »

Okay, thank you!
ipancakeman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ipancakeman »

im looking for more skyscraper mods again. is there anything new and interesting skyscraper mods that have come out?
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I don't know anything new.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

City Objects and Fridaemon's Objects have both received frequent updates with new buildings
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

I stil didn't have time to draw them, but I promise this year some new skyscrapers will come into your games 8)

Return to “General OpenTTD”