Train Sidings in OpenTTD/TTD

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MasterOktagon
Engineer
Engineer

Train Sidings in OpenTTD/TTD

Post by MasterOktagon »

Hi,

I have seen a lot of screenshots where people had siding at their terminus stations. I like them realy much, but I think if I want to build them, I need much money at the start for nothing or? Is there anything that they are good for (apart from looking cool)?
Until Next Time

MasterOktagon
kamnet

Re: Train Sidings in OpenTTD/TTD

Post by kamnet »

They're not essential to game play, it just looks cool. Building up things to make beautiful screenshots can cost a lot of in-game money. Most people who play for that aren't playing the game for money/score anyhow, so they'll typically cheat themselves all the money they need. Or that might be something they aspire to build once they have played and achieved all of their other goals, and they just have a lot of money to burn.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

if you want to build "for looks", you have 3 options:
  1. start with a functional network, and add the decorative bits later, once you earn enough money
  2. build a moneymaker route somewhere you never look, and then start the separate decorative network
  3. use buildcost newgrfs or the money cheat
MasterOktagon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterOktagon »

Ok, thank you! :D
Until Next Time

MasterOktagon

Return to “General OpenTTD”