Semaphores

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JamesP
Engineer
Engineer

Semaphores

Post by JamesP »

Returning to OTTD after many years, and all very familiar so far, except - when I open up the 'signal selection' box, it offers two identical rows of colour lights, rather than a row of semaphores and a row of colour lights as it used to.

When I hover over the top row of colour lights, they say they're semaphores, but the image is of a colour light, both in the menu and when I place it.

I don't have any signal GRFs as far as I can see (in fact, I can't find a UK signal GRF - I thought the colour lights and semaphores just used to come as part of the base game, although I could be wrong).

I have a feeling the answer's going to be painfully obvious, but can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thank you!
MLG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Semaphores

Post by MLG »

JamesP wrote: 22 Aug 2021 15:04
You have probably found a bug! We would need your OTTD and OGFX versions to help you debug it.

As of British signals, try out Timberwolf's UK Tracks with his other stuff (roads, RVs, trains). It provides British stuff from cca. 1800 all way to present days. Tracks replace the signals too. All of that is 8bpp in 2x zoom.
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Do you have any NewGRFs at all loaded? It could be that you have something else loaded that does unexpected things.

Try starting a new game without any NewGRFs active, just to see if it still happens then.
JamesP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JamesP »

Thank you, both.

You’re right - it’s “Standardised UK Track Sets” that was doing it (although of course it’s always possible it’s because it was clashing with another NewGRF rather than it being an issue on its own). I hadn’t realised track GRFs changed the signals too.

Anyway, removing it did the trick - thank you very much for your help.
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

I've mentioned this thread to StarRaid (developer of SUKTS), but it might also be helpful if you file a bug report on the project's Github here
Jon
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

JamesP wrote: 23 Aug 2021 18:11 Thank you, both.

You’re right - it’s “Standardised UK Track Sets” that was doing it (although of course it’s always possible it’s because it was clashing with another NewGRF rather than it being an issue on its own). I hadn’t realised track GRFs changed the signals too.

Anyway, removing it did the trick - thank you very much for your help.
Yeah we did a sort of rushed release of the GRF without semaphores just to it could be out in the public. Will add them next update at some point in the future. I thought I had put a warning somewhere but it turns out it wasn't obvious enough lol.

Return to “General OpenTTD”