Timberwolf and firs 4

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Nordic player
Engineer
Engineer

Timberwolf and firs 4

Post by Nordic player »

The have never been more interesting to play for me. I like the comlex in the industri and I strugling a lot inn the begining. For last time I try to understand the signals. I dag some turutitals and master helish bring me on track. I have to many train on the line inn the begining and I make to many cross point in the begining and I got a lot of problem with the trafic of train. I avoid the problem, less with crosspoints and less with train on the same line. I do some experience that was interesting. I like to play with long routes. For the first, wil that avoid problem with different speed on the trains and there is more easy to operate many trains on the line. In the latest game I have 2 steel mill. They produce ca 3000 t and 5000 t. That make it to a big chalenge to move the steel. I have litle short line to one off the manifecturer. I begin with 8 train wiith torpedo wagons that timberwolf offer. After i had observed the trains a litle I reduce to 6 trains with ca 1000 t. The efect of that was faster loading and more steel transportet. After I had bost the production one more time I wasnt able to build more railroad in that area. Then I build a new waterway and added 2 vessel to steelfreight and I produce more goods that I ship to a nearby city. Vessels are unique. I like to have the major industri down with the water, because that give me the ability to use ships to move goods. I see that as nescesary when the steel manifecturer produce over 5000 t goods. A advice If you want to play with timberwolf. That is a train package that is upp to date and offer eyecandy egines from GB. Make the station bigger than 7 tiles. That is because when you uppgrade the train, some times a train that is 7 tiles be 7,1 when you uppgrade. You avoid a lot of problems if you make the station to 8 tiles. I have try out two engines to and that work fine, but the defult leght of the train is 10 tiles max, so I forget to change it to 14 tiles. On a buzzy line there is more problem with low axelration than diferent speed on the trains. You meet that case many times. Goods from the steel manifecturer can be transportet inn 144 km/t and the chemicals in 136 km/t The truth is that, the monymaker in chemical transport is the big tanker wagon that only have a max speed of 112km/t . Another case is post. Inn the begining you have post wagons that have the same speed limit as pasenger wagons. Later the emus and dmus take over much of the pasenger trafic and you must transport the post another way. Pure posttrain is a monymaker between big cities,but after 2020 you can t transport post over 160 km/t. At my list in 2034 .post is the best, of 10 most valuable trains there is 3 post train. One of the big chalenge, when you play with timberwolf is uppgrade of wagons. That take a lot of time. I always have a eye on the monymakers and repleace them when new tecnology is came. There is so many uppgrades. A coal trunk have a max speed of 72 km and 21 t loading capasitety in 1930. The latest delopmement take 78t and have a max speed of 128 km/t . There is a huge job to upgrade the trains every time it is posible. Therfore when you double the speed and 4double the capasity you most reduce the number of trains. That I mean is importen when you play firs 4 .long trains less with trains keep it in long routes you avoid the problem with diferent speed.
Also you wil avoid signalproblems if you are careful with the signals. Depots is also a problem if you do it the wrong way. Not to many trains each depot. I use to have depots on the route. I havw 100 days between the services, that is better than 150 days. You proably reduce the breakdowns to nothing. Avoid breakdowns and less with waiting time at the depots have big influence. Does somebody know the HQ what kind of influense does it have on the game?

Return to “General OpenTTD”