A guide to programmed sidings

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

sinas128
Engineer
Engineer

A guide to programmed sidings

Post by sinas128 »

About a year ago I found out about JGRpp and soon after I found out about routefinding restrictions.
I was amazed at what routefinding restrictions could do, so I decided to put it to use. I made a few sidings that would sort freight and passenger trains and soon other people on the server asked how I did it.

So I made a guide, and thought, well maybe the forums are intrested in it too?
And here it is:
Attachments
Siding operation - by sinas128.docx
(3.92 MiB) Downloaded 228 times
kamnet

Re: A guide to programmed sidings

Post by kamnet »

This might be good content to put onto the OpenTTD wiki, and also add to the guide on Steam.
sinas128
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sinas128 »

Well, I'm not certain about adding it to the OpenTTD Wiki, as its specific to the JGRpp. But the guide on steam wouldnt be a bad idea.
MLG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MLG »

sinas128 wrote: 07 Aug 2021 12:04 Well, I'm not certain about adding it to the OpenTTD Wiki, as its specific to the JGRpp. But the guide on steam wouldnt be a bad idea.
I would not put it to Steam too, there is no JGRpp version there...
Get in touch with JGR instead, he might want it for wiki in his patchpack's GitHub.
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

sinas128 wrote: 07 Aug 2021 12:04 Well, I'm not certain about adding it to the OpenTTD Wiki, as its specific to the JGRpp. But the guide on steam wouldnt be a bad idea.
There's no restriction on the OpenTTD wiki. It's something that is relevant and current in the community.

Return to “General OpenTTD”