New song in Openttd: Keep on Rolling, no more Big Man Boogie?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Eli van der Geest
Engineer
Engineer

New song in Openttd: Keep on Rolling, no more Big Man Boogie?

Post by Eli van der Geest »

I started playing openttd (1.8.0) on an other system today where it wasn't installed yet, I installed it the way I always did and started playing, but not long after I heard a song I never heard before, it is called "Keep on Rolling" :o . I really do like the song but it took the place of another song I really liked called "Big Man Boogie". I first thought I had an other music set loaded but it seems to be the official openMSX music set. I have a few questions about this:

- Is this an official thing? or did I do something weird while installing the game? If so:
- Is there a way to get both of the songs in the game, or isn't that possible because of a limit in the number of songs?
- Can you to have two versions of the openMSX music set, one with Big Man Boogie and one with Keep in Rolling, so you can switch between both songs?

If anyone knows more about this new song or has a story about the reason it being in the game now, feel free to let me know about it. :D
Tsylatac
Engineer
Engineer

Re: New song in Openttd: Keep on Rolling, no more Big Man Boogie?

Post by Tsylatac »

https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenMSX/issues/12

It looks like Big Man Boogie was a temporary replacement for Keep On Rolling until the latter song could be fixed to not cause a crash on some systems.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Where "temporary" equals "10 years". :mrgreen:

Ideally we'd have both, but it seems there's a limit on the number of songs in a music set. PRs welcome to expand that if anybody fancies the task!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

orudge wrote: Ideally we'd have both, but it seems there's a limit on the number of songs in a music set. PRs welcome to expand that if anybody fancies the task!
Hopefully someone does manage to overcome that, as it'd be great to have so much more variety of tunes in music sets
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

orudge wrote: 15 Jul 2021 16:04 Where "temporary" equals "10 years". :mrgreen:

Ideally we'd have both, but it seems there's a limit on the number of songs in a music set. PRs welcome to expand that if anybody fancies the task!
Until that happens, for OpenMSX the preference is that we give the space to contributions directly from the OpenTTD community. Big Man Boogie was donated by Jim Redfarn after another user tried to submit it as their own work.

Return to “General OpenTTD”